Old 28-07-2003, 04:07 PM
MLL

Default bamboo?

Hello again everyone,

I was weeding a very overgrown back corner of My garden when I found what I
am sure
is a bamboo. It is about 2 feet tall and NOT doing very well.

Should it be in the sun?
If it should be is it ok to move it now?

I also found 2 peony plants but I will not be moving them until the autumn.

Also, can any one help Me identify a plant that has oval leaves that are
across from each other.
They are bright green and have small red/orange berries on them.

What ever this is I have tons of it!

Thanks again,

Lorri

Old 28-07-2003, 09:39 PM
bnd777

The ones with berries sound much like Pyracantha
As for Bamboo that would have to be an offshoot from a neighbours garden I
would think .......check first

Old 29-07-2003, 01:03 AM
Jeff Coles

"MLL" wrote in message
Hello again everyone,

I was weeding a very overgrown back corner of My garden when I found what

am sure
is a bamboo. It is about 2 feet tall and NOT doing very well.

Should it be in the sun?
If it should be is it ok to move it now?

I also found 2 peony plants but I will not be moving them until the

autumn.

Also, can any one help Me identify a plant that has oval leaves that are
across from each other.
They are bright green and have small red/orange berries on them.

What ever this is I have tons of it!

Thanks again,

Lorri

Sorry cant help with the bambo, but the:-

snip bright green and have small red/orange berries on them.

is almost certainly Hypericum, (St John's Wort) "Sharon Rose" or "Aarons
Beard" has 1" to 2" yellow flowers.

The way you describe the plant suggests it is H.Androsaemum which has
bright green leaves tinged with reddish purple edges and a bright orange/red
berry which follows a rather small insinificant yellow flower. It can grow
rapidly, especially with some sunshine and should grow into a nice fairly
neat dome shape. The creeping varieties of this plant however are a devil to
get rid of and are considered a weed in Aus & NZ

Jeff

Old 04-08-2003, 11:13 AM
Spider

Hello,
Your oval-leaved plant is probably Ruscus aculeatus. It is a low-growing
evergreen shrub. It is a curiosity in that the 'leaves' are actually
flattened stems; the true leaves are tiny and scale-like. There is also a
form R. hypoglossum, but the aculeatus form is the usual one found for sale.
Spider

MLL wrote in message
Hello again everyone,

I was weeding a very overgrown back corner of My garden when I found what

am sure
is a bamboo. It is about 2 feet tall and NOT doing very well.

Should it be in the sun?
If it should be is it ok to move it now?

I also found 2 peony plants but I will not be moving them until the

autumn.

Also, can any one help Me identify a plant that has oval leaves that are
across from each other.
They are bright green and have small red/orange berries on them.

What ever this is I have tons of it!

Thanks again,

Lorri

Hello fellow bamboo lovers! I have a question about my bamboo patch RiverMan Bamboo 9 27-04-2011 06:42 AM
Dying black bamboo ramyad Bamboo 4 27-04-2009 10:13 PM
Looking for Simon Henderson (formerly of BAMBOO PEOPLE) - Bamboo agroforestry researcher Jo?o Paulo Freire Paglione Bamboo 0 02-11-2003 05:32 PM
Bamboo wanted. Have Black bamboo and "Alphonse Karr" Annabel United Kingdom 2 12-06-2003 03:56 AM
Bamboo root depth and drought - was: Shade tolerant bamboo in south Florida Rick DeBay Bamboo 1 13-03-2003 05:33 PM