Old 31-07-2003, 10:12 AM
flashgorman

Default Al-Ko hooby rotavator problem

Hi,

Anyone got one of these? Mine has suddenly started not stopping, if you see
what I mean. It continues driving even when the drive lever is released,
only way to stop the blades turning is to kill the engine.

The problem is that the drive belt is too tight - the driver lever appears
to work by moving the engine forward and tightening the belt - mine seems to
be permanently tight. I think it unlikely that the belt has shrunk but I can
see no way of slackening it off.

Any Clues?

Cheers

Chris Gorman.
www.flashgorman.com

Old 01-08-2003, 01:23 PM

Curiously enough, I'm just about to get mine out, and attack a section of
the back garden. I've not experienced the problem you describe, but I'll
certainly have a look and try and figure out what goes on.

regards, mbb