Old 06-08-2003, 11:43 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Snakes

In article ,
David Hill wrote:
"....... As resin heron was so lifelike, she did wonder if a real heron
might just take a fancy to him/her. Perhaps one did and found the experience
hard going!

One of the urglers did have that experience. ...."

What ever turns you on.

Not quite. It was whatever turns heron.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 06-08-2003, 11:43 PM
Kay Easton

In article , Nick Maclaren
writes
In article ,
David Hill wrote:
"....... As resin heron was so lifelike, she did wonder if a real heron
might just take a fancy to him/her. Perhaps one did and found the experience
hard going!

One of the urglers did have that experience. ...."

What ever turns you on.

Not quite. It was whatever turns heron.

Nick - that's the second excruciating joke you've made in as many days.
Can't you go back to bashing civil servants? ;-)
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 07-08-2003, 07:06 PM
Sally Thompson

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 17:25:01 +0100, Kay Easton
wrote:

In article , Rusty
writes

A friend who has a large pond was troubled with a heron that often dropped
in for an early breakfast. She tried putting a low wire around the
perimeter, that didn't work. When on the point of conceding defeat to the
bird, she found a life-sized, suitably painted resin grey heron. She
positioned it looking into the water from the bank and has had no further
visits from real herons. As resin heron was so lifelike, she did wonder if a
real heron might just take a fancy to him/her. Perhaps one did and found the
experience hard going!

One of the urglers did have that experience!

Well I hope it was the resin heron, not the urgler, that had the
experience!!

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Remove the LIZARD to email reply
Old 08-08-2003, 02:12 AM
Eric

I didn't say that there was anything wrong with grass snakes - I merely said
that I don't want them in my pond. Besides, as Michael remarked, something
has totally eliminated the frogs, toads, and newts that we always loved to
see.

Something also reduced my fish numbers from around thirty to a dozen during
the course of a couple of months. Perhaps the snake didn't kill and eat them
but protective netting made it impossible for a heron or cats to get into
the pond and that doesn't leave a great choice.

Eric

"Michael Berridge" wrote in message

Eric wrote in message ...
Harry

I had this problem last year. It sounds exactly like my garden and

pond!

Keeping herons out of a pond is one problem but how the blazes do you

keep
out grass snakes, I would like to know?

My little 'friend' was about the same size as yours and he had many of

my
best fish during several weeks of the summer. I had always believed

that
they swallowed them whole, but not a bit of it. I caught him eating the

best
flesh off a lovely great fish, on the garden path, one day, and found
several more similarly killed in the bushes around the pond, later.

I'm pleased to say that he hasn't appeared this summer but I am always
expecting a repeat as the river is just behind my garden.

What is wrong with grass snakes, totally harmless, eat frogs, toads, and
some vermin. Why get rid of them. If I had one in my garden it would be
most welcome

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk

Old 09-08-2003, 09:22 PM
Jane Ransom

In article , Rusty Hinge
writes

One of the urglers did have that experience!

Wasn't me, miss, honest miss.

Twere one o my pals.

Put a dummy heron to 'protect' her pond but a randy male tried to mate
with it and broke it!!!!!
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.
but if you need to email me for any other reason,

Old 10-08-2003, 10:22 AM
martin

On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 21:11:18 +0100, Jane Ransom
wrote:

In article , Rusty Hinge
writes

One of the urglers did have that experience!

Wasn't me, miss, honest miss.

Twere one o my pals.

Put a dummy heron to 'protect' her pond but a randy male tried to mate
with it and broke it!!!!!

"it" LOL!
--
Martin