GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   weeds too late (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/41409-weeds-too-late.html)

[email protected] 26-08-2003 12:23 PM

weeds too late

Is it too late to use glyphosate on allotment weeds
thanks
rich

Mike Lyle 26-08-2003 06:32 PM

weeds too late

wrote in message . ..
Is it too late to use glyphosate on allotment weeds

I can't see why it should be: the only time when it's not supposed to
work properly is when the plants aren't growing.

Mike.

Pam Moore 30-08-2003 11:12 PM

weeds too late

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 11:17:36 +0000 (UTC),
wrote:

Is it too late to use glyphosate on allotment weeds
thanks

According to John Cushnie on GQT September is the best time to use
glyphosate. I forget why!

Pam in Bristol

anne 31-08-2003 03:42 AM

weeds too late

wrote:

Is it too late to use glyphosate on allotment weeds
thanks

According to John Cushnie on GQT September is the best time to use
glyphosate. I forget why!

May surely? The bindweed (my main enemy) has flowered already and in certain
places is already dying back. Surely this isn't the best time?

Pam in Bristol

Jane Ransom 31-08-2003 05:12 PM

weeds too late

In article , anne
writes

May surely? The bindweed (my main enemy) has flowered already and in certain
places is already dying back. Surely this isn't the best time?

Doesn't matter when you do it so long as the plants are growing
'strongly'. In times gone by I have cut back bindweed in late summer and
sprayed new growth that comes and it has worked.
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.
but if you need to email me for any other reason,