Old 27-08-2003, 09:42 AM
paul

Default Sunflowers

At what point should i remove the heads from sunflowers for drying and
bagging the seeds.

Old 27-08-2003, 05:12 PM
AWM

"paul" wrote in message
. ..
At what point should i remove the heads from sunflowers for drying and
bagging the seeds.

Once the seeds start to loosen.

This year some of my giant sunflowers have 3 heads --- unkown in my
nothern latitude

Old 27-08-2003, 06:44 PM
Jaques d'Altrades

The message
from "paul" contains these words:

At what point should i remove the heads from sunflowers for drying and
bagging the seeds.

Before the finches strip them! They've started on mine, and they're not
ripe yet.

--
Frère Jaques
They knocked the Bell down and erected a charade of pops.
Old 27-08-2003, 07:44 PM
Pickle

"AWM" wrote in message

"paul" wrote in message
. ..

This year some of my giant sunflowers have 3 heads --- unkown in my
nothern latitude

I cut the big heads off mine and now they have lots of little side flowers,
is this normal? Thought they only had one flower head.

Old 28-08-2003, 01:03 AM
Rusty Hinge

The message
from "Pickle" contains these words:
"AWM" wrote in message

"paul" wrote in message
. ..

This year some of my giant sunflowers have 3 heads --- unkown in my
nothern latitude

I cut the big heads off mine and now they have lots of little side flowers,
is this normal? Thought they only had one flower head.

Yes. Some of mine have a lot of little heads as well as the main one,
and one wot had its ed et by a snail is all small ones.

--
Rusty http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm
horrid·squeak snailything zetnet·co·uk exchange d.p. with p to

Old 29-08-2003, 03:40 AM
Dwayne

I would wait until all the head looks dry. Then I would cut them off and
hang them inside and let them dry for another couple of months. If you
cover them with something too soon, they will mold.

Dwayne

. ..