Old 13-09-2003, 04:27 PM
Registered User

Location: West Yorkshire
Default Identification of plant

I am trying to find the name of a plant I have in my garden, but cannot find it. I am sure it begins with L cos I vaguely remember when I bought it - can anyone help. I have a picture of it, but don't know how to attach a picture to this forum, perhaps someone can tell me how to, or perhaps I can email someone? Thanks. PS. just seen the browse for pictures, here goes:
Old 13-09-2003, 04:53 PM
Hobby Gardener

Location: Harrow, Middx

Quote:
Originally posted by Carol
I am trying to find the name of a plant I have in my garden, but cannot find it. I am sure it begins with L cos I vaguely remember when I bought it - can anyone help. I have a picture of it, but don't know how to attach a picture to this forum, perhaps someone can tell me how to, or perhaps I can email someone? Thanks. PS. just seen the browse for pictures, here goes:
Now with link to photo!
Attached Thumbnails
Identification of plant-aaaaa.jpg
Old 13-09-2003, 05:12 PM
Natalie

"Carol" wrote in message
s.com...
I am trying to find the name of a plant I have in my garden, but cannot
find it. I am sure it begins with L cos I vaguely remember when I
bought it - can anyone help. I have a picture of it, but don't know how
to attach a picture to this forum, perhaps someone can tell me how to,
or perhaps I can email someone? Thanks. PS. just seen the browse for
pictures, here goes:

You can easily sign up to a geocities webpage via www.yahoo.com you can then
follow the step by step guide for posting pictures and just let us know the
web address by posting a link here.

HTH

Natalie

Old 13-09-2003, 05:16 PM
Registered User

Location: West Yorkshire

Quote:
Originally posted by Natalie
s.com...

Old 13-09-2003, 05:17 PM
Registered User

Location: West Yorkshire

Quote:
Originally posted by Carol
Thanks, but my photo is now attached, hope I get some replies as this has bothered me for ages, not knowing the name of this plant. Thanks

Old 13-09-2003, 05:23 PM
Natalie

"kevinmiddleton" wrote in message
s.com...
Carol wrote:
*I am trying to find the name of a plant I have in my garden, but
cannot find it. I am sure it begins with L cos I vaguely remember
when I bought it - can anyone help. I have a picture of it, but don't
know how to attach a picture to this forum, perhaps someone can tell
me how to, or perhaps I can email someone? Thanks. PS. just seen the
browse for pictures, here goes: *

Now with link to photo!
| Attachment filename: aaaaa.jpg |
|View attachment:

http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attach...?postid=278589|

Looks like Linaria to me. Self seeds like mad at home and in our school
grounds. I never mind because it is so pretty ;-)

Natalie

Old 13-09-2003, 05:28 PM
Registered User

Carol wrote:
*I am trying to find the name of a plant I have in my garden, but
cannot find it. I am sure it begins with L cos I vaguely remember
when I bought it - can anyone help. I have a picture of it, but don't
know how to attach a picture to this forum, perhaps someone can tell
me how to, or perhaps I can email someone? Thanks. PS. just seen the
browse for pictures, here goes: *

Now with link to photo!
| Attachment filename: aaaaa.jpg |
|View attachment:

http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attach...?postid=278589|

Looks like Linaria to me. Self seeds like mad at home and in our school
grounds. I never mind because it is so pretty ;-)

Natalie
Yes, I thought it was Linaria, but when I went to find images of Linaria on the web - they didn't look a bit like mine, yes, it is everywhere, but as you say so very pretty and can always be pulled up. Thanks.
Old 14-09-2003, 12:14 PM
jane

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 16:22:19 GMT, Carol
wrote:

~Carol wrote:
~ * *
~Thanks, but my photo is now attached, hope I get some replies as this
~has bothered me for ages, not knowing the name of this plant. Thanks

I had just this question from a work colleague a few months ago.
Definitely purple toadflax (linaria purpurea).

--
jane

Mark Twain