Old 15-09-2003, 07:22 PM
Big Al

Default One stop shop for fruit trees etc.?

Can anyone recommend a supplier who has a good range of fruit trees in good
condition for sensible prices? Preferably with an online catalogue/ordering
system.

I've bought from Deacons Nursery on the IoW before & thought they were
pretty good - are they still a safe bet? (no online catalogue though AFAIK)
Any other recommendations?

Thanks...

Old 15-09-2003, 11:33 PM
Joe McElvenney

Hi,

You might try -

http://www.kenmuir.co.uk/

Cheers - Joe

Old 16-09-2003, 12:24 AM
Philip

"Joe McElvenney" wrote in message
Hi,
You might try - http://www.kenmuir.co.uk/
Cheers - Joe

Have you used them ? Do you rate them?

Old 16-09-2003, 11:05 AM
Joe McElvenney

Hi,

Hi,
You might try - http://www.kenmuir.co.uk/
Cheers - Joe

Have you used them ? Do you rate them?

Yes, I bought two, one-year-old apple trees (Falstaff and
Bountiful) from them about 18 months ago and one of them is
fruiting already. As for a relative rating, I wouldn't know. I
have only a moderate sized suburban garden and so am not a big
player when it comes to ordering such things. However, their
prices seemed reasonable and delivery was as stated.

Cheers - Joe

Old 16-09-2003, 04:42 PM
Jaques d'Altrades

The message
from "Philip" contains these words:
"Joe McElvenney" wrote in message

Hi,
You might try - http://www.kenmuir.co.uk/
Cheers - Joe

Have you used them ? Do you rate them?

I have. They were OK, but one lot of rapberry canes wasn't dug or packed
very well. Probably just one inept employee.

--
Rusty Hinge
No m'lud, it wasn't a sneg. My joints creak.

Old 16-09-2003, 04:43 PM
Janet Galpin and Oliver Patterson

The message
from "Big Al" contains these words:

Can anyone recommend a supplier who has a good range of fruit trees in good
condition for sensible prices? Preferably with an online catalogue/ordering
system.

I've bought from Deacons Nursery on the IoW before & thought they were
pretty good - are they still a safe bet? (no online catalogue though AFAIK)
Any other recommendations?

Thanks...

I ordered from Keepers Nursery last year and thought the range and
quality excellent.

Janet G
Old 16-09-2003, 05:23 PM
Pam Moore

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 19:57:26 +0100, Janet Galpin and Oliver Patterson
wrote:

The message
from "Big Al" contains these words:

Can anyone recommend a supplier who has a good range of fruit trees in good
condition for sensible prices? Preferably with an online catalogue/ordering
system.

I've bought from Deacons Nursery on the IoW before & thought they were
pretty good - are they still a safe bet? (no online catalogue though AFAIK)
Any other recommendations?

Scotts of Merriot (Somerset) has a good reputation but not sure if
they do internet business.

Pam in Bristol
Old 16-09-2003, 07:12 PM
Rod

"Jaques d'Altrades" wrote
Have you used them ? Do you rate them?

I have. They were OK, but one lot of rapberry canes wasn't dug or packed
very well. Probably just one inept employee.

The same employee must have dealt with our order. ( I wouldn't have ordered from them in the light of previous
experience - these plants were a gift to the garden from a member of my employer's family)

Rod

Old 16-09-2003, 10:32 PM
Kay Easton

In article , Pam Moore
writes

Scotts of Merriot (Somerset) has a good reputation but not sure if
they do internet business.

Wahey!! :-)
I thought I was the only one who recommended Scotts !
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: