Old 18-09-2003, 07:32 PM
Alan Holmes

Default Leeks?

The leeks I planted out some weeks ago seem to be growing fine, except that
they vary a great deal in size.

Some are thickening up nicely but others are quite weedy, even those growing
next to one another.

Is this normal?

Alan

Old 18-09-2003, 09:04 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Alan Holmes see sig for reply address wrote:

The leeks I planted out some weeks ago seem to be growing fine, except that
they vary a great deal in size.

Some are thickening up nicely but others are quite weedy, even those growing
next to one another.

Is this normal?

Well, I have never had a different experience with leeks :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 18-09-2003, 11:22 PM
Pam Moore

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 15:53:52 +0100, "Alan Holmes"
wrote:

The leeks I planted out some weeks ago seem to be growing fine, except that
they vary a great deal in size.

Some are thickening up nicely but others are quite weedy, even those growing
next to one another.

Mine are looking very sad, and they are grown from seed you sent me
Alan.
I cannot decide if it is just the drought, though I have watered them
occasionally, or whether it is the onion fly or some-such. They were
looking quite good. Must water more but how do I tell if it is a
pest?

Pam in Bristol

Old 22-09-2003, 07:44 AM
Christopher Norton

I`ve got about 40 leeks down the allotment and there are some real hum
dingers and some you could only describe as pencils. All different but
no doubt delicious.

Looking forward to pulling them and cooking.

--
email farmer chris on
Please don`t use
Old 07-10-2003, 07:03 PM
Alan Holmes

"Christopher Norton" wrote in message
I`ve got about 40 leeks down the allotment and there are some real hum
dingers and some you could only describe as pencils. All different but
no doubt delicious.

Looking forward to pulling them and cooking.

I tried pullng a couple the other day but couldn't muster enough strength,
had to resort to digging them out!

Alan

Transplanting Leeks Kman United Kingdom 6 28-03-2003 06:32 PM
Transplanting Leeks Kman United Kingdom 0 25-03-2003 02:08 PM
Blanching leeks! Alan Holmes United Kingdom 2 11-03-2003 07:48 PM
Leeks? Alan Holmes United Kingdom 2 07-02-2003 01:30 AM
Leeks Peter Stockdale United Kingdom 1 23-11-2002 04:48 PM