Old 20-09-2003, 10:22 PM
gingerninja

Default Agapanthus "Bluestorm"

I've been trying to find some information on this plant, but without much
success. Can anyone tell me anything about it. Is it hardy? Can I obtain it
in this country? If so, where?

Old 21-09-2003, 01:06 AM
A Troll aka Jeff Coles

--
(remove the troll to reply)

http://uk.profiles.yahoo.com/aquitanium

Always look on the bright side of life.... di do di do di doody doody do
"gingerninja" wrote in message
news
I've been trying to find some information on this plant, but without much
success. Can anyone tell me anything about it. Is it hardy? Can I obtain
it
in this country? If so, where?

Also know as Lily of the Nile & African Lily

They prefer sunny sheltered positions

Try:-
http://www.broadleighbulbs.co.uk/

The above link does not have "bluestorm" specifically, the link below does.

This is a USA site
http://www.monrovia.com/PlantInf.nsf...d00702dc0?Open
Document

Jeff

Old 21-09-2003, 12:02 PM
Charlie Pridham

"gingerninja" wrote in message
news
I've been trying to find some information on this plant, but without much
success. Can anyone tell me anything about it. Is it hardy? Can I obtain
it
in this country? If so, where?

Try Dick Fulcher on pcplants(at)supanet.com (change the at!) he holds the
National collection

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 21-09-2003, 03:43 PM
Rodger Whitlock

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 01:02:29 +0100, A Troll aka Jeff Coles wrote:

"gingerninja" wrote:

I've been trying to find some information on this plant, but without much
success. Can anyone tell me anything about it. Is it hardy? Can I obtain
it in this country? If so, where?

This is a USA site
http://www.monrovia.com/PlantInf.nsf...d00702dc0?Open
Document

If it's a Monrovia plant, then it's likely not very hardy.
Monrovia is a very large wholesale nursery, California-based, and
their agapanthus are grown for the California market. Ditto their
daylilies, though the evergreen double 'Mongold' has survived in
my garden for many years.

If you want a reasonably hardy agapanthus, find one bred in
Britain for outdoor culture. 'Bressingham Blue' is an example.
I'm not entirely sure, but I think the agapanthus usually grown
in California are derived from A. africanus, a rather tender
species; whereas, the hardy British cultivars are derived from
another, hardier, species.

However, tender agapanthus do fairly well in tubs as long as
they're given protection against hard freezes.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Old 09-11-2003, 09:03 PM
Ian Law

Charlie Pridham wrote:

"gingerninja" wrote in message
news
I've been trying to find some information on this plant, but without much
success. Can anyone tell me anything about it. Is it hardy? Can I obtain

it
in this country? If so, where?

Try Dick Fulcher on pcplants(at)supanet.com (change the at!) he holds the
National collection

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

I need to propagate some "Agapanthus Praecox". Peter Jason Plant Science 2 15-10-2010 04:26 AM
Tis better to be Gills "Chew Toy" than one of Roy "Tristain" Hauer's "SOCKS" Tristan Ponds 0 03-01-2007 02:39 PM
Agapanthus Loosecannon Australia 1 28-03-2003 08:20 PM
Agapanthus tangle John United Kingdom 2 08-03-2003 06:22 PM
Agapanthus propagation (pods\seeds) Rita Bogna Australia 0 15-02-2003 06:11 AM