GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Reel Lawn Mowers (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/44559-reel-lawn-mowers.html)

Keith Elliott 02-10-2003 11:45 AM

Reel Lawn Mowers

Hi All,
Does anybody know where I could purchase a reel lawn mower in the UK. I have
found loads of websites with suppliers in the USA but none in the UK.
TIA
Keith

Franz Heymann 02-10-2003 12:06 PM

Reel Lawn Mowers

"Keith Elliott" wrote in message
Hi All,
Does anybody know where I could purchase a reel lawn mower in the UK. I

have
found loads of websites with suppliers in the USA but none in the UK.
TIA

What is a reel lawn mower?

Franz

Keith Elliott 02-10-2003 12:22 PM

Reel Lawn Mowers

A lawn mower that does not pollute the atmosphere, no petrol, no electric, no
noise. You simply push it along the ground. Does that answer your question?
Try a google search all will be explained.
Keith

martin 02-10-2003 01:02 PM

Reel Lawn Mowers

On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 11:02:55 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"Keith Elliott" wrote in message
Hi All,
Does anybody know where I could purchase a reel lawn mower in the UK. I

have
found loads of websites with suppliers in the USA but none in the UK.
TIA

What is a reel lawn mower?

I am glad you asked I thought everybody else knew :-)
--
Martin

martin 02-10-2003 01:02 PM

Reel Lawn Mowers

On 02 Oct 2003 11:17:15 GMT, ospam (Keith Elliott)
wrote:

A lawn mower that does not pollute the atmosphere, no petrol, no electric, no
noise. You simply push it along the ground.

whilst dancing a gig or what? Where's the "reel"?

Does that answer your question?

We don't push sheep, goats or rabbits.
I hope you are not referring to an implement that required massive
amounts of fossil fuel, when it was manufactured.
--
Martin

Pam Morris 02-10-2003 01:02 PM

Reel Lawn Mowers

"Keith Elliott" wrote in message
A lawn mower that does not pollute the atmosphere, no petrol, no electric,

no
noise. You simply push it along the ground. Does that answer your

question?
Try a google search all will be explained.
Keith

Oh - a cylinder lawn mower!

P.

Franz Heymann 02-10-2003 02:13 PM

Reel Lawn Mowers

"Keith Elliott" wrote in message
A lawn mower that does not pollute the atmosphere, no petrol, no electric,

no
noise. You simply push it along the ground. Does that answer your

question?
Try a google search all will be explained.

Do you mean the ordinary common or garden manually pushed lawnmowers as were
used during the bulk of the previous century?
If so, what is the significance of the "reel" in the description?

Franz

Franz Heymann 02-10-2003 02:22 PM

Reel Lawn Mowers

"Pam Morris" wrote in message

"Keith Elliott" wrote in message
A lawn mower that does not pollute the atmosphere, no petrol, no

electric,
no
noise. You simply push it along the ground. Does that answer your

question?
Try a google search all will be explained.
Keith

Oh - a cylinder lawn mower!

Some of the ones I knew and possessed did not have cylinders either.

Franz

Franz Heymann 02-10-2003 02:22 PM

Reel Lawn Mowers

wrote:

"Keith Elliott" wrote in message
Hi All,
Does anybody know where I could purchase a reel lawn mower in the UK. I

have
found loads of websites with suppliers in the USA but none in the UK.
TIA

What is a reel lawn mower?

I am glad you asked I thought everybody else knew :-)

The OP seems to think I ought to have known, but it caught me by surprise.

{:-((

Franz

martin 02-10-2003 02:43 PM

Reel Lawn Mowers

On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 13:13:49 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"Keith Elliott" wrote in message
Hi All,
Does anybody know where I could purchase a reel lawn mower in the UK. I
have
found loads of websites with suppliers in the USA but none in the UK.
TIA

What is a reel lawn mower?

I am glad you asked I thought everybody else knew :-)

The OP seems to think I ought to have known, but it caught me by surprise.

apparently it's the US name for a bog standard old fashioned push
without a cylinder lawn mower

Qualcast supply them see
http://diytools.co.uk/diy/Main/Produ...D=72&SubID=344
--
Martin

Geo 02-10-2003 05:02 PM

Reel Lawn Mowers

On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 15:38:48 +0200, martin wrote:

apparently it's the US name for a bog standard old fashioned push
without a cylinder lawn mower

wow! $89.99 and no roller or box?!

Geo

martin 02-10-2003 05:02 PM

Reel Lawn Mowers

On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 15:43:20 GMT, Geo wrote:

On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 15:38:48 +0200, martin wrote:

apparently it's the US name for a bog standard old fashioned push
without a cylinder lawn mower

wow! $89.99 and no roller or box?!

but only UKP39.50 from Qualcast with both? :-)
--
Martin

David Hill 02-10-2003 08:42 PM

Reel Lawn Mowers

"....apparently it's the US name for a bog standard old fashioned push
without a cylinder lawn mower...."
Sorry but without the cylinder you don't have a mower.
Cylinder reefers to the Blades be it 3. 4 5 or 6 to the Cylinder.
I think you are thinking of a mower without a back roller.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

LizR 03-10-2003 12:23 AM

Reel Lawn Mowers

wrote:

"Keith Elliott" wrote in message
Hi All,
Does anybody know where I could purchase a reel lawn mower in the UK. I

have
found loads of websites with suppliers in the USA but none in the UK.
TIA

What is a reel lawn mower?

Franz

It's a bit like reel tennis, I think:-)