Old 02-10-2003, 11:45 AM
Keith Elliott

Default Reel Lawn Mowers

Hi All,
Does anybody know where I could purchase a reel lawn mower in the UK. I have
found loads of websites with suppliers in the USA but none in the UK.
TIA
Keith
Old 02-10-2003, 12:06 PM
Franz Heymann

"Keith Elliott" wrote in message
Hi All,
Does anybody know where I could purchase a reel lawn mower in the UK. I

have
found loads of websites with suppliers in the USA but none in the UK.
TIA

What is a reel lawn mower?

Franz

Old 02-10-2003, 12:22 PM
Keith Elliott

A lawn mower that does not pollute the atmosphere, no petrol, no electric, no
noise. You simply push it along the ground. Does that answer your question?
Try a google search all will be explained.
Keith

Old 02-10-2003, 01:02 PM
martin

On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 11:02:55 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"Keith Elliott" wrote in message
Hi All,
Does anybody know where I could purchase a reel lawn mower in the UK. I

have
found loads of websites with suppliers in the USA but none in the UK.
TIA

What is a reel lawn mower?

I am glad you asked I thought everybody else knew :-)
--
Martin

Old 02-10-2003, 01:02 PM
Pam Morris

"Keith Elliott" wrote in message
A lawn mower that does not pollute the atmosphere, no petrol, no electric,

no
noise. You simply push it along the ground. Does that answer your

question?
Try a google search all will be explained.
Keith

Oh - a cylinder lawn mower!

P.

Old 02-10-2003, 02:13 PM
Franz Heymann

"Keith Elliott" wrote in message
A lawn mower that does not pollute the atmosphere, no petrol, no electric,

no
noise. You simply push it along the ground. Does that answer your

question?
Try a google search all will be explained.

Do you mean the ordinary common or garden manually pushed lawnmowers as were
used during the bulk of the previous century?
If so, what is the significance of the "reel" in the description?

Franz

Old 02-10-2003, 02:22 PM
Franz Heymann

"Pam Morris" wrote in message

"Keith Elliott" wrote in message
A lawn mower that does not pollute the atmosphere, no petrol, no

electric,
no
noise. You simply push it along the ground. Does that answer your

question?
Try a google search all will be explained.
Keith

Oh - a cylinder lawn mower!

Some of the ones I knew and possessed did not have cylinders either.

Franz

Old 02-10-2003, 02:22 PM
Franz Heymann

wrote:

"Keith Elliott" wrote in message
Hi All,
Does anybody know where I could purchase a reel lawn mower in the UK. I

have
found loads of websites with suppliers in the USA but none in the UK.
TIA

What is a reel lawn mower?

I am glad you asked I thought everybody else knew :-)

The OP seems to think I ought to have known, but it caught me by surprise.

{:-((

Franz

Old 02-10-2003, 02:43 PM
martin

On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 13:13:49 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"Keith Elliott" wrote in message
Hi All,
Does anybody know where I could purchase a reel lawn mower in the UK. I
have
found loads of websites with suppliers in the USA but none in the UK.
TIA

What is a reel lawn mower?

I am glad you asked I thought everybody else knew :-)

The OP seems to think I ought to have known, but it caught me by surprise.

apparently it's the US name for a bog standard old fashioned push
without a cylinder lawn mower

Qualcast supply them see
http://diytools.co.uk/diy/Main/Produ...D=72&SubID=344
--
Martin
Old 02-10-2003, 05:02 PM
Geo

On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 15:38:48 +0200, martin wrote:

apparently it's the US name for a bog standard old fashioned push
without a cylinder lawn mower

wow! $89.99 and no roller or box?!

Geo
Old 02-10-2003, 05:02 PM
martin

On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 15:43:20 GMT, Geo wrote:

On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 15:38:48 +0200, martin wrote:

apparently it's the US name for a bog standard old fashioned push
without a cylinder lawn mower

wow! $89.99 and no roller or box?!

but only UKP39.50 from Qualcast with both? :-)
--
Martin
Old 02-10-2003, 08:42 PM
David Hill

"....apparently it's the US name for a bog standard old fashioned push
without a cylinder lawn mower...."
Sorry but without the cylinder you don't have a mower.
Cylinder reefers to the Blades be it 3. 4 5 or 6 to the Cylinder.
I think you are thinking of a mower without a back roller.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 03-10-2003, 12:23 AM
LizR

wrote:

"Keith Elliott" wrote in message
Hi All,
Does anybody know where I could purchase a reel lawn mower in the UK. I

have
found loads of websites with suppliers in the USA but none in the UK.
TIA

What is a reel lawn mower?

Franz

It's a bit like reel tennis, I think:-)

LizR

Reel Mowers, opinions wanted about 15" battery Gardena vs 20" manual Scotts [email protected] Gardening 7 21-01-2011 02:36 PM
McClane reel vs. Trimmer reel mower? Shade Lawns 0 23-06-2006 07:23 AM
McLane reel mowers Dan Richman Gardening 0 04-06-2003 06:32 PM
Reel Push Mowers? tkrin Lawns 1 29-04-2003 02:45 PM
Push (Reel) Mowers Leon Taylor Australia 1 05-04-2003 06:35 AM