Old 06-10-2003, 02:02 PM
binkx

Default Plant ID

Hi

Could someone please ID the four plants here
http://www.photobox.co.uk/public/det...c_album=427472 They are
reasonaly common, but I am not at home to look them up.

Thanks in advance
--
Kieran
Remove IT to mail

Old 08-10-2003, 12:36 AM
TheGardener

"binkx" wrote in message
Hi

Could someone please ID the four plants here
http://www.photobox.co.uk/public/det...c_album=427472 They are
reasonaly common, but I am not at home to look them up.

Thanks in advance
--
Kieran
Remove IT to mail

Hi Kieran

Picture 1 is Lonicera nitida possibly "Baggeson's Gold"
Picture 2 looks like a Chrysanth of some sort, but I can't see the leaves
very well, so not too sure on this.
Picture 3 is Viburnum rhytidophyllum
Picture 4 is Salix matsudana "Tortuosa"

Chrissie
http://www.thegardener.btinternet.co.uk

Old 08-10-2003, 11:43 AM
binkx

"TheGardener" wrote in message

"binkx" wrote in message
Hi

Could someone please ID the four plants here
http://www.photobox.co.uk/public/det...c_album=427472 They are
reasonaly common, but I am not at home to look them up.

Thanks in advance
--
Kieran
Remove IT to mail

Hi Kieran

Picture 1 is Lonicera nitida possibly "Baggeson's Gold"
Picture 2 looks like a Chrysanth of some sort, but I can't see the leaves
very well, so not too sure on this.
Picture 3 is Viburnum rhytidophyllum
Picture 4 is Salix matsudana "Tortuosa"

Chrissie
http://www.thegardener.btinternet.co.uk

Thanks for your reply. One thing I forgot to say was picture 1 (Lonicera
nitida) comes out in white/pink berries. Is this still correct.

Old 08-10-2003, 05:22 PM
TheGardener

"binkx" wrote in message
Hi

Could someone please ID the four plants here
http://www.photobox.co.uk/public/det...c_album=427472 They are
reasonaly common, but I am not at home to look them up.

Thanks in advance
--
Kieran
Remove IT to mail

Hi Kieran

Picture 1 is Lonicera nitida possibly "Baggeson's Gold"
Picture 2 looks like a Chrysanth of some sort, but I can't see the

leaves
very well, so not too sure on this.
Picture 3 is Viburnum rhytidophyllum
Picture 4 is Salix matsudana "Tortuosa"

Chrissie
http://www.thegardener.btinternet.co.uk

Thanks for your reply. One thing I forgot to say was picture 1 (Lonicera
nitida) comes out in white/pink berries. Is this still correct.

Ah! Just had another look at the picture - it's not terribly clear, but
pink/white berries suggests that it is probably Symphoricarpus then, not
Lonicera.

Old 10-10-2003, 09:02 PM
Kay Easton

In article , TheGardener
writes

"binkx" wrote in message
Thanks for your reply. One thing I forgot to say was picture 1 (Lonicera
nitida) comes out in white/pink berries. Is this still correct.

Ah! Just had another look at the picture - it's not terribly clear, but
pink/white berries suggests that it is probably Symphoricarpus then, not
Lonicera.

What about pernettya? It has leavse which are rather like a pointed L
nitida - about the same size, and the same dark leathery green.
Symphoricarpus has round, much more delicate lighter green leaves.
Pernettya berries are about pea size, Symphoricarpus are more marble
sized.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: