GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   The Summer of doom (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/45002-summer-doom.html)

Mary Fisher 08-10-2003 06:12 PM

The Summer of doom

Wumpus! Where are you when we need a demo?
Rusty Hinge

Wumpus doesn't 'do' URG (at least I don't think she does....)
Jenny

Oh! I thought that by ignoring that word I wouldn't be showing my ignorance.

However, now that it's been brought into the open, what's a wumpus?

Mary

Mary Fisher 08-10-2003 06:12 PM

The Summer of doom

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message

The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these

words:

Oh, don't spoil my image of you ... I rely on you to keep me from

being
unique ...

Get some delusions of your own, woman, then you won't be unique and I
won't have anything to worry about.

There. Feel better now?

Er - no - I wasn't worried and don't THINK I have delusions.

:-)

Mary

Janet.

Mary Fisher 08-10-2003 06:22 PM

The Summer of doom

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Janet Baraclough" wrote
Don't worry about a few setbacks, all gardening is full of them,

and
has taught me to be the patient calm and equable person I am

(ducks and runs)
Janet

Its amazing isn't it what you can learn later in life........ "~)

It hasn't helped me.

Yes, one continues learning and putting things into the memory.

Retrieval, however, is another matter ...

What was all this about anyway?

Mary

Jenny

Nick Maclaren 08-10-2003 06:32 PM

The Summer of doom

In article ,
Mary Fisher wrote:

"Jaques d'Altrades" wrote in message
The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

Don't worry about a few setbacks, all gardening is full of them, and
has taught me to be the patient calm and equable person I am

Oh, don't spoil my image of you ... I rely on you to keep me from being
unique ...

Wumpus! Where are you when we need a demo?

Erm ... I'm all over the place. Leeds based (Yorkshire). On telly next
month.

Wumpus? As in:

www.atariarchives.org/bcc1/showpage.php?page=247

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

JennyC 08-10-2003 08:32 PM

The Summer of doom

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

Wumpus! Where are you when we need a demo?
Rusty Hinge

Wumpus doesn't 'do' URG (at least I don't think she does....)
Jenny

Oh! I thought that by ignoring that word I wouldn't be showing my

ignorance.

However, now that it's been brought into the open, what's a wumpus?
Mary

Very rare breed of...................
Jenny

Mary Fisher 08-10-2003 08:32 PM

The Summer of doom

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

Wumpus! Where are you when we need a demo?
Rusty Hinge

Wumpus doesn't 'do' URG (at least I don't think she does....)
Jenny

Oh! I thought that by ignoring that word I wouldn't be showing my

ignorance.

However, now that it's been brought into the open, what's a wumpus?
Mary

Very rare breed of...................

does a quick check in the RBST list ...

No, still don't know ... do tell :-)

Mary
Jenny

Mary Fisher 08-10-2003 08:32 PM

The Summer of doom

Don't worry about a few setbacks, all gardening is full of them,

and
has taught me to be the patient calm and equable person I am

Oh, don't spoil my image of you ... I rely on you to keep me from

being
unique ...

Wumpus! Where are you when we need a demo?

Erm ... I'm all over the place. Leeds based (Yorkshire). On telly next
month.

Wumpus? As in:

www.atariarchives.org/bcc1/showpage.php?page=247

Um. I looked at that and it was blank apart from garish stripes on the left

Mary

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

martin 08-10-2003 09:22 PM

The Summer of doom

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 21:23:33 +0200, "JennyC" wrote:

et...

http://www.cherryjam.pwp.blueyonder....pus/wumpus.htm
--
Martin

Jaques d'Altrades 09-10-2003 12:03 AM

The Summer of doom

Try http://www.cherryjam.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

--
Rusty Hinge
horrid·squeak&zetnet·co·uk

Jaques d'Altrades 09-10-2003 12:03 AM

The Summer of doom

The message
from "JennyC" contains these words:

However, now that it's been brought into the open, what's a wumpus?
Mary

Very rare breed of...................

Practises kick-boxing in the cellar..........

--
Rusty Hinge
horrid·squeak&zetnet·co·uk

bnd777 09-10-2003 12:36 AM

The Summer of doom

"Ric" wrote in message

"hedgehog" wrote in message

I live in the south of France now, but I still look back on my little back
garden in London with great nostalgia. I think it amazing how all those
things manage to survive and thrive in such a polluted and dirty place as
London!

So would you recomend the South of France
can we all make an exodus of the UK

martin 09-10-2003 12:22 PM

The Summer of doom

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 23:31:37 +0000 (UTC), "bnd777"
wrote:

"Ric" wrote in message

"hedgehog" wrote in message

I live in the south of France now, but I still look back on my little back
garden in London with great nostalgia. I think it amazing how all those
things manage to survive and thrive in such a polluted and dirty place as
London!

So would you recomend the South of France
can we all make an exodus of the UK

there's nothing to stop you doing the same
--
Martin

Mary Fisher 09-10-2003 08:43 PM

The Summer of doom

"Jaques d'Altrades" wrote in message
The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

Wumpus? As in:

www.atariarchives.org/bcc1/showpage.php?page=247

Um. I looked at that and it was blank apart from garish stripes on the

left

Try http://www.cherryjam.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

OK, I did that. But I still don't understand ... I was in a fever hospital
when I was five years old ... It's a breast cancer clinic now. Been there
too.

Mary

--
Rusty Hinge