GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Fairy Rings (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/45091-fairy-rings.html)

Jaques d'Altrades 16-10-2003 07:22 PM

Fairy Rings

The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

But I have researched viking life quite seriously and from time to time live
it.

Have you had the pleasure of meeting a berserkr?

None of us uses anything other than mead or ale for mind enhancing
properties - nor have I heard of such a thing as that foreign name you used

Fly agaric? Bug agaric? The Lapps routinely still use it as a
mind-altering substance.

(FSVO Lapps)

--
Rusty Hinge
horrid·squeak&zetnet·co·uk

Jaques d'Altrades 16-10-2003 07:22 PM

Fairy Rings

The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

The only edible fungus that grows in the UK is the supermarket

champignon.
Everything else is deadly poisonous. I thought everyone knew that?

B far: some people eat yeast products.

(Letters fell orft - should read: 'Be fair:' Ed)

Hmm

Some folk ...

Bread, marmite, (brewed) ginger beer, Quorn .....

--
Rusty Hinge
horrid·squeak&zetnet·co·uk