GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Magnolia Seeds .....how to grow? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/45213-magnolia-seeds-how-grow.html)

bnd777 10-10-2003 10:42 PM

Magnolia Seeds .....how to grow?

My Mothers Magnolia has flowered for 2nd time this year and produced pods of
seeds

Has anyone germinated these seeds and if so instructions please

Emrys Davies 11-10-2003 12:12 AM

Magnolia Seeds .....how to grow?

'bnd777',

Give it a go.

Sow the seeds in October, as soon as they ripen, in a seedbox containing
a peaty compost and place in a cold frame.

Germination may take twelve to eighteen months.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.