Old 11-10-2003, 05:22 AM
pronoun

Default Garden Manager

Has anyone got this Gardeners' World Software to work with XP. Mine came
free with Computer Shopper. I followed the instructions to no avail.

Old 11-10-2003, 08:02 AM
Martin Sykes

"pronoun" wrote in message
Has anyone got this Gardeners' World Software to work with XP. Mine came
free with Computer Shopper. I followed the instructions to no avail.

I haven't got this particular software but I find that a lot of stuff will
run under WindowsXP if you find where the .exe has been installed on your PC
and change the properties for it ( right-click for the menu ) and set it to
run in Win95 compatability mode.

--
Martin & Anna Sykes
( Remove x's when replying )

Old 13-10-2003, 07:42 AM
Christopher Norton

The message
from "Martin Sykes" contains
these words:

"pronoun" wrote in message
Has anyone got this Gardeners' World Software to work with XP. Mine came
free with Computer Shopper. I followed the instructions to no avail.

I haven't got this particular software but I find that a lot of stuff will
run under WindowsXP if you find where the .exe has been installed on your PC
and change the properties for it ( right-click for the menu ) and set it to
run in Win95 compatability mode.

--
Martin & Anna Sykes
( Remove x's when replying )

I had a few early programs such as Titchmarshes Barleywood design
program which point blankly refused to work on xp despite being on a
single partition drive it got all the registry settings all around the
wrong way. Simply did`nt work whatsoever.

--
email farmer chris on

Please don`t use
as it`s a spam haven.
Old 13-10-2003, 01:11 PM
Jim W

Christopher Norton wrote:

The message
from "Martin Sykes" contains
these words:

"pronoun" wrote in message
Has anyone got this Gardeners' World Software to work with XP. Mine came
free with Computer Shopper. I followed the instructions to no avail.

I haven't got this particular software but I find that a lot of stuff will
run under WindowsXP if you find where the .exe has been installed on your PC
and change the properties for it ( right-click for the menu ) and set it to
run in Win95 compatability mode.

--
Martin & Anna Sykes
( Remove x's when replying )

I had a few early programs such as Titchmarshes Barleywood design
program which point blankly refused to work on xp despite being on a
single partition drive it got all the registry settings all around the
wrong way. Simply did`nt work whatsoever.

Changing the subj. slightly but...

Not sure what Titchmarsh himself uses but it isn't his 'branded'
software.. AFAIK he uses a Mac (or at least has been featured on TV
proggies with one) and uses somthing that looks like CADintosh, or
similiar
//
Jim
Old 13-10-2003, 01:11 PM
Jim W

Christopher Norton wrote:

The message
from "Martin Sykes" contains
these words:

Old 13-10-2003, 01:11 PM
Jim W

Christopher Norton wrote:

The message
from "Martin Sykes" contains
these words:

Old 13-10-2003, 01:11 PM
Jim W

Christopher Norton wrote:

The message
from "Martin Sykes" contains
these words:

Old 13-10-2003, 01:12 PM
Jim W

Christopher Norton wrote:

The message
from "Martin Sykes" contains
these words:

Old 13-10-2003, 01:12 PM
Jim W

Christopher Norton wrote:

The message
from "Martin Sykes" contains
these words:

Old 13-10-2003, 07:45 PM
David W.E. Roberts

"pronoun" wrote in message
Has anyone got this Gardeners' World Software to work with XP. Mine came
free with Computer Shopper. I followed the instructions to no avail.

By the time it is free it is so obsolete as to be virtually worthless
(IMHO).

Cheers
Dave R

Old 14-10-2003, 12:32 AM
Jaques d'Altrades

The message
from "David W.E. Roberts" contains these words:
"pronoun" wrote in message
Has anyone got this Gardeners' World Software to work with XP. Mine came
free with Computer Shopper. I followed the instructions to no avail.

By the time it is free it is so obsolete as to be virtually worthless
(IMHO).

I'm still using DOS applications. If they do what you want them to, what
does obsolete mean?

--
Rusty Hinge
horrid·squeak&zetnet·co·uk
Old 14-10-2003, 11:22 PM
pronoun

Hi,

Thank you for the replies. From your answers and my experience--I think I
shall just use it with my old Windows 98 machine--slow but reliable.
"pronoun" wrote in message
Has anyone got this Gardeners' World Software to work with XP. Mine came
free with Computer Shopper. I followed the instructions to no avail.

Garden Door in Door County Wisconsin Garden Door 07 Garden Angel in Watering Can.JPG (1/1) Just Plane Noise Garden Photos 0 31-07-2009 11:01 PM
The Mortgage Manager Chris Ajua Lawns 0 04-12-2005 01:05 AM
Affordable Reference Manager fdcastro Plant Science 0 19-10-2005 04:06 PM
Affordable reference manager fdcastro Plant Science 0 16-10-2005 04:12 PM
Restoration Manager/Plants Marilyn Kruger Plant Biology 0 22-03-2004 06:00 PM