Old 11-10-2003, 05:22 PM
Sally Thompson

Default Star Gazer Lilies

We've just been given a pot of Star Gazer lilies; some are in flower
and there are plenty of buds. The instructions say that they can be
planted in a sunny place in the garden without the pot, but they don't
say when. Should we nurture them over the winter and plant them in
the spring, or can we over-winter them outside?

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
If you wish to reply by email please use sally thompson@btinternet com

Old 12-10-2003, 07:22 PM
Robert

: We've just been given a pot of Star Gazer lilies; some are in flower
: and there are plenty of buds. The instructions say that they can be
: planted in a sunny place in the garden without the pot, but they don't
: say when. Should we nurture them over the winter and plant them in
: the spring, or can we over-winter them outside?

I can't understand why they are in flower ..... forced in a greenhouse
possibly? Normally you would plant lily bulbs now and they would flower next
yeat. If they're flowering now they may get a bit of a shock outdoors, still
they only have two choices I suppose