GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   OT - sort of. New use for Lobelia? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/45272-ot-sort-new-use-lobelia.html)

Sacha 12-10-2003 07:42 AM

OT - sort of. New use for Lobelia?

While we were in Crete, I was suffering from what is now known as 'post
nasal drip', I believe. Disgusting name but there it is.
It was annoying me so much that eventually, I asked a chemist in Elounda
village if she had anything I could take for it. I expected to be sold some
cocktail of expensive chemicals but she simply handed me a small jar of
Lobelia tablets. They work like a dream! Hope fellow-sufferers have
homeopathic stores nearby. ;-)
--

Sacha
(remove the 'x' to email me)

Pam Moore 12-10-2003 11:02 AM

OT - sort of. New use for Lobelia?

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 07:43:21 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

While we were in Crete, I was suffering from what is now known as 'post
nasal drip', I believe. Disgusting name but there it is.
It was annoying me so much that eventually, I asked a chemist in Elounda
village if she had anything I could take for it. I expected to be sold some
cocktail of expensive chemicals but she simply handed me a small jar of
Lobelia tablets. They work like a dream! Hope fellow-sufferers have
homeopathic stores nearby. ;-)

Have you been able to buy them over here, Sacha? I could do with them
also.

Pam in Bristol

Sacha 12-10-2003 12:42 PM

OT - sort of. New use for Lobelia?

in article , Pam Moore at

wrote:

While we were in Crete, I was suffering from what is now known as 'post
nasal drip', I believe. Disgusting name but there it is.
It was annoying me so much that eventually, I asked a chemist in Elounda
village if she had anything I could take for it. I expected to be sold some
cocktail of expensive chemicals but she simply handed me a small jar of
Lobelia tablets. They work like a dream! Hope fellow-sufferers have
homeopathic stores nearby. ;-)

Have you been able to buy them over here, Sacha? I could do with them
also.

Pam in Bristol

I've never seen them over here. OTOH, I've never looked for them, either
because I had no idea Lobelia was used for this. I found this site which is
in UK and stocks them:
http://www.herbalmed.co.uk/cat2_1.htm
They're £5.45 for 100 but worth it if one suffers badly from this nuisance..
--

Sacha
(remove the 'x' to email me)

Jaques d'Altrades 12-10-2003 11:42 PM

OT - sort of. New use for Lobelia?

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

/lobelia tablets/

Have you been able to buy them over here, Sacha? I could do with them
also.

Pam in Bristol

I've never seen them over here. OTOH, I've never looked for them, either
because I had no idea Lobelia was used for this. I found this site which is
in UK and stocks them: http://www.herbalmed.co.uk/cat2_1.htm
They're £5.45 for 100 but worth it if one suffers badly from this nuisance..

They should sell well in Lincolnshire. Allegedly.

--
Rusty Hinge
horrid·squeak&zetnet·co·uk

LizR 13-10-2003 12:42 AM

wrote:

While we were in Crete, I was suffering from what is now known as 'post
nasal drip', I believe. Disgusting name but there it is.
It was annoying me so much that eventually, I asked a chemist in Elounda
village if she had anything I could take for it. I expected to be sold some
cocktail of expensive chemicals but she simply handed me a small jar of
Lobelia tablets. They work like a dream! Hope fellow-sufferers have
homeopathic stores nearby. ;-)

Have you been able to buy them over here, Sacha? I could do with them
also.

Pam in Bristol

Try the Tower Pharmacy in Kingswood. Go on a Saturday afternoon and speak to the old
guy who works in the health-food part. If he hasn't heard of it he'll source it and
if he sells a lot he'll reduce the price... Or just go there anyway, it's a brilliant
place, and they'll even check with the pharmacy next door to make sure nothing
clashes with any orthodox medication....

Liz

Pam Moore 13-10-2003 01:11 PM

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 23:35:17 GMT, LizR wrote:

Try the Tower Pharmacy in Kingswood. Go on a Saturday afternoon and speak to the old
guy who works in the health-food part. If he hasn't heard of it he'll source it and
if he sells a lot he'll reduce the price... Or just go there anyway, it's a brilliant
place, and they'll even check with the pharmacy next door to make sure nothing
clashes with any orthodox medication....

Liz

Thanks Liz. I've heard he's good but never been there.

Pam in Bristol

LizR 14-10-2003 10:03 PM

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 12:30:49 +0100, Pam Moore wrote:

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 23:35:17 GMT, LizR wrote:

Try the Tower Pharmacy in Kingswood. Go on a Saturday afternoon and speak to the old
guy who works in the health-food part. If he hasn't heard of it he'll source it and
if he sells a lot he'll reduce the price... Or just go there anyway, it's a brilliant
place, and they'll even check with the pharmacy next door to make sure nothing
clashes with any orthodox medication....

Liz

Thanks Liz. I've heard he's good but never been there.

Pam in Bristol

Well, he's managing to keep me in one piece:-) And the last time I was in there,
chatting away as you do, he gave me a free bottle of something for my neighbour's
kid's asthma. I didn't spot the £12.50 price tag until I was handing it over to her.
Now that's what I call a free gift:-)

Liz

Christopher Norton 15-10-2003 01:32 PM

OT - sort of. New use for Lobelia?

The message
from Jaques d'Altrades contains these words:

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

/lobelia tablets/

Have you been able to buy them over here, Sacha? I could do with them
also.

Pam in Bristol

I've never seen them over here. OTOH, I've never looked for them, either
because I had no idea Lobelia was used for this. I found this site
which is
in UK and stocks them: http://www.herbalmed.co.uk/cat2_1.htm
They're £5.45 for 100 but worth it if one suffers badly from this
nuisance..

They should sell well in Lincolnshire. Allegedly.

--
Rusty Hinge
horrid·squeak&zetnet·co·uk

Probably would but could someone explain in Lincs terms what "post nasel
drip" is? Are we talking about dewdrops?

--
email farmer chris on
Please don`t use

martin 15-10-2003 08:22 PM

OT - sort of. New use for Lobelia?

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 09:22:19 +0100, Christopher Norton
wrote:

[...]

and where exactly do you put the lobelias to stop it?
--
Martin

Jaques d'Altrades 15-10-2003 09:12 PM

OT - sort of. New use for Lobelia?

The message
from Christopher Norton contains these words:

Probably would but could someone explain in Lincs terms what "post nasel
drip" is? Are we talking about dewdrops?

Pass. But I had a vision of a skeletal crumbly in a long brown macintosh
(endemic to Lincs, and unknown elsewhere) and sporting a glittering drip
under his nose, pedalling a vast old bike slower than walking pace.

--
Rusty Hinge
horrid·squeak&zetnet·co·uk