Old 13-10-2003, 08:22 PM
Chris

Default Help with Garden Design

Hi, I haven't used newsgroups before so here goes....We are a growing young
family about to move house. The garden is literaly a blank canvas! It is a
70' X 50' north west (NW) facing lawn with three recently planted fruit
trees at the far end. It has a wall to the left dividing us from an open
field, a wall at the top dividing us from a horses paddock, and a broken
down fence to the right dividing us from our neighbours.With this in mind,
we want a garden that can be divided into sections, ie. an area for the
children, a vegetable patch, and a quiet / ornate area. We want to keep a
large proportion of the lawn. Can anyone point me in the right direction for
websites with free garden design ideas, or free garden design software?
Thanks in advance!

Old 13-10-2003, 09:04 PM
paddytt

Most of the software is a waste of time - pencil and paper are much better
(believe me - I do EVERYTHING on a PC or PDA, but not garden design!)

Record Ground Forge and Gardeners World etc for a couple of months, get a
few magazines and get drawing! We are on our third house and garden, great
fun doing it yourself!

TT

"Chris" wrote in message
Hi, I haven't used newsgroups before so here goes....We are a growing

young
family about to move house. The garden is literaly a blank canvas! It is a
70' X 50' north west (NW) facing lawn with three recently planted fruit
trees at the far end. It has a wall to the left dividing us from an open
field, a wall at the top dividing us from a horses paddock, and a broken
down fence to the right dividing us from our neighbours.With this in mind,
we want a garden that can be divided into sections, ie. an area for the
children, a vegetable patch, and a quiet / ornate area. We want to keep a
large proportion of the lawn. Can anyone point me in the right direction

for
websites with free garden design ideas, or free garden design software?
Thanks in advance!

---

Old 13-10-2003, 10:03 PM
Franz Heymann

"Chris" wrote in message
Hi, I haven't used newsgroups before so here goes....We are a growing

young
family about to move house. The garden is literaly a blank canvas! It is a
70' X 50' north west (NW) facing lawn with three recently planted fruit
trees at the far end. It has a wall to the left dividing us from an open
field, a wall at the top dividing us from a horses paddock, and a broken
down fence to the right dividing us from our neighbours.With this in mind,
we want a garden that can be divided into sections, ie. an area for the
children, a vegetable patch, and a quiet / ornate area. We want to keep a
large proportion of the lawn. Can anyone point me in the right direction

for
websites with free garden design ideas, or free garden design software?
Thanks in advance!

Have you read the discussion which is going strong in the ng at the moment,
under the title "Garden Design"?

Franz

Old 14-10-2003, 04:02 PM
JennyC

[...]