GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Lawnmower advice (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/45496-lawnmower-advice.html)

Yaz 15-10-2003 05:13 PM

Lawnmower advice

I am contemplating purchase of a lawnmower for a medium sized lawn. I am
after a lawnmower which has a good grass collection capability.

I however have the following dillemma of whether to buy an Electric one or a
Petrol powered.

The actual lawnmowers I am considering a

Sovereign with Briggs ans Stratton engine (petrol).
Flymo 330 power with wheels (electric)
Qualcast 32 (electric)

I would like advice on which one would be economical to run and less
maintenance but of course quality too.

Any advice appreciated.

Yaz

Ken Saunders 15-10-2003 10:13 PM

Lawnmower advice

"Yaz" wrote in message ...
I am contemplating purchase of a lawnmower for a medium sized lawn. I am
after a lawnmower which has a good grass collection capability.

I however have the following dillemma of whether to buy an Electric one or a
Petrol powered.

The actual lawnmowers I am considering a

Sovereign with Briggs ans Stratton engine (petrol).
Flymo 330 power with wheels (electric)
Qualcast 32 (electric)

I would like advice on which one would be economical to run and less
maintenance but of course quality too.

Any advice appreciated.

Yaz

........YAZ...the best value lawnmower, still in stock at F.c.s is £150
self propelled champion 18" petrol.Great machine.I have used one all
day every working day this season, no trouble at all.4 wheel seperate
adjusting...Regards Ken

Yaz 16-10-2003 08:42 AM

Lawnmower advice

"Ken Saunders" wrote

still in stock at F.c.s is £150

Ken
Where is F.c.s?

Also doe a petrol lawmower not cost more in terms of maintenance and time?

Yaz

Ken Saunders 16-10-2003 07:14 PM

Lawnmower advice

"Yaz" wrote in message ...
"Ken Saunders" wrote

still in stock at F.c.s is £150

Ken
Where is F.c.s?

Also doe a petrol lawmower not cost more in terms of maintenance and time?

Yaz

........Hi Yaz...Focus, the DIY sheds. Petrol lawnmowers can tackle
overgrown grass, whereas electric mowers can't take heavy going.Your
recycling centre will sell you a going electric machine for about £5.
Ideal if you've just got l lawn, but you need to start mowing early in
the season and keep in down.

Martin Sykes 17-10-2003 09:22 AM

Lawnmower advice

"Ken Saunders" wrote in message
om...
"Yaz" wrote in message

"Ken Saunders" wrote

still in stock at F.c.s is £150

Ken
Where is F.c.s?

Also doe a petrol lawmower not cost more in terms of maintenance and

time?

Yaz

.......Hi Yaz...Focus, the DIY sheds. Petrol lawnmowers can tackle
overgrown grass, whereas electric mowers can't take heavy going.Your
recycling centre will sell you a going electric machine for about £5.
Ideal if you've just got l lawn, but you need to start mowing early in
the season and keep in down.

I'd avoid self-propelled unless you really need it. It's just one more thing
to go wrong. Petrol is definitely better than electric and I'm glad I
finally switched this year. No more tripping over cables!

--
Martin & Anna Sykes
( Remove x's when replying )

Steve Harris 17-10-2003 12:02 PM

Lawnmower advice

In article ,
(Ken Saunders) wrote:

Your recycling centre will sell you a going electric machine for about
£5

How do you find out what they have to offer? Ours have a website saying
what they take away and that they recycle things but are very coy about
what they have for sale.

Ken Saunders 18-10-2003 07:02 PM

Lawnmower advice

(Steve Harris) wrote in message ...
In article ,
(Ken Saunders) wrote:

Your recycling centre will sell you a going electric machine for about
£5

How do you find out what they have to offer? Ours have a website saying
what they take away and that they recycle things but are very coy about
what they have for sale.

......STEVE...my local recycling centre has a display area and several
metal container "shops".Everything from golf clubs at a £1 to 3 piece
suites to lots of garden stuff, compost.Lots of computer
bits,doors,fridges, cookers, baths.I've just bought an up and over
door complete for £10. Quick turnover....Regards Ken