Old 15-10-2003, 05:13 PM
Yaz

Default Lawnmower advice

I am contemplating purchase of a lawnmower for a medium sized lawn. I am
after a lawnmower which has a good grass collection capability.

I however have the following dillemma of whether to buy an Electric one or a
Petrol powered.

The actual lawnmowers I am considering a

Sovereign with Briggs ans Stratton engine (petrol).
Flymo 330 power with wheels (electric)
Qualcast 32 (electric)

I would like advice on which one would be economical to run and less
maintenance but of course quality too.

Any advice appreciated.

Yaz

Old 15-10-2003, 10:13 PM
Ken Saunders

"Yaz" wrote in message ...
I am contemplating purchase of a lawnmower for a medium sized lawn. I am
after a lawnmower which has a good grass collection capability.

I however have the following dillemma of whether to buy an Electric one or a
Petrol powered.

The actual lawnmowers I am considering a

Sovereign with Briggs ans Stratton engine (petrol).
Flymo 330 power with wheels (electric)
Qualcast 32 (electric)

I would like advice on which one would be economical to run and less
maintenance but of course quality too.

Any advice appreciated.

Yaz

........YAZ...the best value lawnmower, still in stock at F.c.s is £150
self propelled champion 18" petrol.Great machine.I have used one all
day every working day this season, no trouble at all.4 wheel seperate
adjusting...Regards Ken
Old 16-10-2003, 08:42 AM
Yaz

"Ken Saunders" wrote

still in stock at F.c.s is £150

Ken
Where is F.c.s?

Also doe a petrol lawmower not cost more in terms of maintenance and time?

Yaz

Old 16-10-2003, 07:14 PM
Ken Saunders

"Yaz" wrote in message ...
"Ken Saunders" wrote

still in stock at F.c.s is £150

Ken
Where is F.c.s?

Also doe a petrol lawmower not cost more in terms of maintenance and time?

Yaz

........Hi Yaz...Focus, the DIY sheds. Petrol lawnmowers can tackle
overgrown grass, whereas electric mowers can't take heavy going.Your
recycling centre will sell you a going electric machine for about £5.
Ideal if you've just got l lawn, but you need to start mowing early in
the season and keep in down.
Old 17-10-2003, 09:22 AM
Martin Sykes

"Ken Saunders" wrote in message
om...
"Yaz" wrote in message

"Ken Saunders" wrote

still in stock at F.c.s is £150

Ken
Where is F.c.s?

Also doe a petrol lawmower not cost more in terms of maintenance and

time?

Yaz

.......Hi Yaz...Focus, the DIY sheds. Petrol lawnmowers can tackle
overgrown grass, whereas electric mowers can't take heavy going.Your
recycling centre will sell you a going electric machine for about £5.
Ideal if you've just got l lawn, but you need to start mowing early in
the season and keep in down.

I'd avoid self-propelled unless you really need it. It's just one more thing
to go wrong. Petrol is definitely better than electric and I'm glad I
finally switched this year. No more tripping over cables!

--
Martin & Anna Sykes
( Remove x's when replying )