GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hibernating Frogs (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/45726-hibernating-frogs.html)

Glenda 19-10-2003 04:02 PM

Hibernating Frogs

I was digging out lily bulbs earlier today and managed to dig up a
hibernating frog from under the soil. (I planted him again). Just
thought I'd share this with you all in case anyone's doing any digging
at the minute - just be careful, you never know what's going on under
that topsoil! And if that wasn't enough wildlife for one day, we
later had a Woodpecker in the garden, first time we've seen one of
those in our London garden.

Glenda

martin 19-10-2003 04:12 PM

Hibernating Frogs

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 14:56:46 +0000 (UTC), Glenda
wrote:

I was digging out lily bulbs earlier today and managed to dig up a
hibernating frog from under the soil. (I planted him again). Just
thought I'd share this with you all in case anyone's doing any digging
at the minute - just be careful, you never know what's going on under
that topsoil!

Did you kiss it?
--
Martin

The Hoopeses 19-10-2003 07:02 PM

Hibernating Frogs

wrote:

I was digging out lily bulbs earlier today and managed to dig up a
hibernating frog from under the soil. (I planted him again). Just
thought I'd share this with you all in case anyone's doing any digging
at the minute - just be careful, you never know what's going on under
that topsoil!

Did you kiss it?

It's best to let sleeping frogs lie. He may or may not remember she was
there, but she did leave her her prince in the soil.

-
Al

Glenda 20-10-2003 07:02 PM

Hibernating Frogs

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 17:04:06 +0200, martin
tippy-typed:

wrote:

I was digging out lily bulbs earlier today and managed to dig up a
hibernating frog from under the soil. (I planted him again). Just
thought I'd share this with you all in case anyone's doing any digging
at the minute - just be careful, you never know what's going on under
that topsoil!

Did you kiss it?

Nope - just glad I didn't slice it in half!