Old 26-10-2003, 03:02 PM
Matt

Default Soil Compaction

Hi,

I recently move in to house with a large garden which was full of brambles,
thorns and big bad roses. I successfully removed then all due to having a
small children and then rotavated the ground.

I rotaveted the ground completely then ran a roller over it, then sowed some
grass seed (I think correctly)...

My problem... The grass seed has not grown properly. It is patchy some bits
are brown and I cannot get anything into it such as a fork to the point I
have to use a hammer to make a started hole for the garden swing !

I know that the problem is soil compaction but how do I get around it, do I
have to re-rotavate it, get a hole load of topsoil and forget about the
current grass, or just go b*ll*cks and concrete it all and paint it green
: )

I am going mad trying to find out what to do, I can't use a manual aerator
as I can t get the bloody thing in....

Any suggestions would be very gratefully received

Cheers
Matt

soil compaction No Spam Gardening 5 25-01-2004 02:42 PM
soil compaction No Spam Gardening 0 15-01-2004 06:02 PM
Soil Compaction Matt United Kingdom 7 28-10-2003 12:23 PM
Soil Compaction Matt United Kingdom 8 26-10-2003 03:03 PM
Soil Compaction Matt United Kingdom 0 26-10-2003 03:02 PM