Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-11-2003, 04:02 PM
Andy Sanson

Default Banana Plants

Can anybody advise me on growing banana plants indoors? We have one in a pot
which has reached a couple of feet in height and has grown well in the
conservatory through the summer. However, now that it's getting cold at
night, the three lowest leaves have gone brown and died off. Would this be
because it's too cold in there and if so, should the plant be brought into
the house where it will be warmer but not get as much light? I'm thinking of
heating the greenhouse through the winter and wondered about putting it in
there but obviously it would only be a few degrees above freezing and I' not
sure that would be enough. Any thoughts would be most welcome.

thanks