GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   O/T Book Title Question? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/48358-o-t-book-title-question.html)

Pinetree 09-12-2003 06:04 PM

O/T Book Title Question?

Anyone know the title of an old classic (it was serialized on the BBC many
years ago). All I can remember is that the girl in the story had a hare lip
(I think) and stabbed to death one of the dog-fighting dogs as it was about
to attack the man she secretly admired. Not much to go on, but I will
immediately remember the title once I see it again g. I hope it is still
in print somewhere.....Kath

Stephen Howard 09-12-2003 06:04 PM

O/T Book Title Question?

On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 17:53:55 GMT, "Pinetree" wrote:

Anyone know the title of an old classic (it was serialized on the BBC many
years ago). All I can remember is that the girl in the story had a hare lip
(I think) and stabbed to death one of the dog-fighting dogs as it was about
to attack the man she secretly admired. Not much to go on, but I will
immediately remember the title once I see it again g. I hope it is still
in print somewhere.....Kath

A comedy then :)

Regards,

www.shwoodwind.co.uk

martin 09-12-2003 06:13 PM

O/T Book Title Question?

On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 17:53:55 GMT, "Pinetree" wrote:

Anyone know the title of an old classic (it was serialized on the BBC many
years ago). All I can remember is that the girl in the story had a hare lip
(I think) and stabbed to death one of the dog-fighting dogs as it was about
to attack the man she secretly admired. Not much to go on, but I will
immediately remember the title once I see it again g. I hope it is still
in print somewhere.....Kath

The Famous Five Go to Prison?
--
Martin

Steve Smith 09-12-2003 08:35 PM

O/T Book Title Question?

"Pinetree" wrote in message
Anyone know the title of an old classic (it was serialized on the BBC many
years ago). All I can remember is that the girl in the story had a hare

lip
(I think) and stabbed to death one of the dog-fighting dogs as it was

about
to attack the man she secretly admired. Not much to go on, but I will
immediately remember the title once I see it again g. I hope it is

still
in print somewhere.....Kath

Precious Bane I think

Kay Easton 09-12-2003 09:14 PM

O/T Book Title Question?

In article , Stephen Howard
writes
On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 17:53:55 GMT, "Pinetree" wrote:

Anyone know the title of an old classic (it was serialized on the BBC many
years ago). All I can remember is that the girl in the story had a hare lip
(I think) and stabbed to death one of the dog-fighting dogs as it was about
to attack the man she secretly admired. Not much to go on, but I will
immediately remember the title once I see it again g. I hope it is still
in print somewhere.....Kath

A comedy then :)

IIRC abebooks has somewhere on the site a service for identifying books
from half remembered snippets. www.abebooks.co.uk IIRC

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:

FF 09-12-2003 10:33 PM

O/T Book Title Question?

On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 17:53:55 GMT, "Pinetree" wrote:

Anyone know the title of an old classic (it was serialized on the BBC many
years ago). All I can remember is that the girl in the story had a hare lip
(I think) and stabbed to death one of the dog-fighting dogs as it was about
to attack the man she secretly admired. Not much to go on, but I will
immediately remember the title once I see it again g. I hope it is still
in print somewhere.....Kath

"Precious Bane" by Mary Webb
Available at Amazon for as little as £6.39 new
http://tinyurl.com/yhsq

LizR (proud Salopian)
FF

Charlie Pridham 10-12-2003 10:12 AM

O/T Book Title Question?

"Pinetree" wrote in message
Anyone know the title of an old classic (it was serialized on the BBC many
years ago). All I can remember is that the girl in the story had a hare

lip
(I think) and stabbed to death one of the dog-fighting dogs as it was

about
to attack the man she secretly admired. Not much to go on, but I will
immediately remember the title once I see it again g. I hope it is

still
in print somewhere.....Kath

"Precious bane"?

--