Old 09-12-2003, 06:04 PM
Pinetree

Default O/T Book Title Question?

Anyone know the title of an old classic (it was serialized on the BBC many
years ago). All I can remember is that the girl in the story had a hare lip
(I think) and stabbed to death one of the dog-fighting dogs as it was about
to attack the man she secretly admired. Not much to go on, but I will
immediately remember the title once I see it again g. I hope it is still
in print somewhere.....Kath

Old 09-12-2003, 06:04 PM
Stephen Howard

On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 17:53:55 GMT, "Pinetree" wrote:

Anyone know the title of an old classic (it was serialized on the BBC many
years ago). All I can remember is that the girl in the story had a hare lip
(I think) and stabbed to death one of the dog-fighting dogs as it was about
to attack the man she secretly admired. Not much to go on, but I will
immediately remember the title once I see it again g. I hope it is still
in print somewhere.....Kath

A comedy then

Regards,

www.shwoodwind.co.uk
Old 09-12-2003, 06:13 PM
martin

On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 17:53:55 GMT, "Pinetree" wrote:

Anyone know the title of an old classic (it was serialized on the BBC many
years ago). All I can remember is that the girl in the story had a hare lip
(I think) and stabbed to death one of the dog-fighting dogs as it was about
to attack the man she secretly admired. Not much to go on, but I will
immediately remember the title once I see it again g. I hope it is still
in print somewhere.....Kath

The Famous Five Go to Prison?
--
Martin
Old 09-12-2003, 08:35 PM
Steve Smith

"Pinetree" wrote in message
Anyone know the title of an old classic (it was serialized on the BBC many
years ago). All I can remember is that the girl in the story had a hare

lip
(I think) and stabbed to death one of the dog-fighting dogs as it was

about
to attack the man she secretly admired. Not much to go on, but I will
immediately remember the title once I see it again g. I hope it is

still
in print somewhere.....Kath

Precious Bane I think

Old 09-12-2003, 09:14 PM
Kay Easton

In article , Stephen Howard
writes
On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 17:53:55 GMT, "Pinetree" wrote:

Anyone know the title of an old classic (it was serialized on the BBC many
years ago). All I can remember is that the girl in the story had a hare lip
(I think) and stabbed to death one of the dog-fighting dogs as it was about
to attack the man she secretly admired. Not much to go on, but I will
immediately remember the title once I see it again g. I hope it is still
in print somewhere.....Kath

A comedy then

IIRC abebooks has somewhere on the site a service for identifying books
from half remembered snippets. www.abebooks.co.uk IIRC

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:

Old 09-12-2003, 10:33 PM
FF

On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 17:53:55 GMT, "Pinetree" wrote:

Anyone know the title of an old classic (it was serialized on the BBC many
years ago). All I can remember is that the girl in the story had a hare lip
(I think) and stabbed to death one of the dog-fighting dogs as it was about
to attack the man she secretly admired. Not much to go on, but I will
immediately remember the title once I see it again g. I hope it is still
in print somewhere.....Kath

"Precious Bane" by Mary Webb
Available at Amazon for as little as £6.39 new
http://tinyurl.com/yhsq

LizR (proud Salopian)
FF
Old 10-12-2003, 10:12 AM
Charlie Pridham

"Pinetree" wrote in message
Anyone know the title of an old classic (it was serialized on the BBC many
years ago). All I can remember is that the girl in the story had a hare

lip
(I think) and stabbed to death one of the dog-fighting dogs as it was

about
to attack the man she secretly admired. Not much to go on, but I will
immediately remember the title once I see it again g. I hope it is

still
in print somewhere.....Kath

"Precious bane"?

--