Old 11-12-2003, 10:54 AM
Philippe Gautier

Default orchid Cambria advice

Hello,
After many years trying to keep different types of orchids for more than
one flowering season in my flat, finally the miracle happened: an orchid
I bought last year is actually producing a new flower stem!!!
Now, the label says it's a "Cumbria", and on the web, I can see that
this term regroup a wide range of hybrids: related to Oncidium (?) or
Cochlioda x Miltonia x Odontoglossum (?).

My question: unfortunately, I'm leaving for 2 weeks at Xmas. I intended
to switch off my central heating, but I suppose it would mean loosing
the new flower stem.... and I am so chuffed about it that I'm ready to
spend money on heating just to see them bloom! So, what would be the
minimum temperature I could get away with for these new flowers not to die?

thanks

Philippe