GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   OT email from africa (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/48499-ot-email-africa.html)

Arthur 13-12-2003 03:04 PM

OT email from africa

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message

And new ones? They're clairvoyant?

I have asked them if they want me to stop sending them, and received
just an acknowledgement......

They don't need to be clairvoyant. They have email addresses too and
receive all the same nessages. Your 'acknowledgement' was an automatic one
to politely get rid of you. The police don't employ people to read all that
junk, and I for one wouldn't want them to waste my taxes doing so.

Just leave it and get on with living.

- Arthur

martin 13-12-2003 03:04 PM

OT email from africa

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 14:48:59 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

Twitchy finger? :-)

Can't understand it. Kept getting message "unable to deliver", so reposted
four times in succession, till I got tired of the game. Soon afterwards the
whole shebang graunched and I had to reboot.

I blame OED. :-)
--
Martin

Franz Heymann 13-12-2003 04:45 PM

OT email from africa

wrote:

Twitchy finger? :-)

Can't understand it. Kept getting message "unable to deliver", so

reposted
four times in succession, till I got tired of the game. Soon afterwards

the
whole shebang graunched and I had to reboot.

I blame OED. :-)

OED was not even in the drive. {:-))

Franz
--
Martin

Franz Heymann 13-12-2003 04:46 PM

OT email from africa

"martin" wrote in message
On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 13:36:51 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

The message m
from anita contains these words:

Thank you for all the advice,
You guys are really brilliant.

I think we deserve another slug or two? [33]

[33] Of whisky, I hasten to add.

I suspect Anita is after something, like my bottle of winter warming
medicinal Stroh Rhum.

Stroh Rhum when there's Laphroig in the house??

Franz

martin 13-12-2003 06:13 PM

OT email from africa

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 16:27:51 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Twitchy finger? :-)

Can't understand it. Kept getting message "unable to deliver", so

reposted
four times in succession, till I got tired of the game. Soon afterwards

the
whole shebang graunched and I had to reboot.

I blame OED. :-)

OED was not even in the drive. {:-))

exactly :-)
--
Martin

jane 13-12-2003 06:42 PM

OT email from africa

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 15:27:19 +0100, martin wrote:

~On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 13:35:24 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:
~
~The message
~from "Arthur" contains these words:
~
~ I'd just delete it. If you feel you must send it somewhere, do so,
~ complete with header to:
~
~
~
~ No. The police get thousands of these forwarded every day. They have seen
~ them all before. They have better things to do than sort through all the
~ forwarded junk mails.
~
~And new ones? They're clairvoyant?
~
~no they are understaffed and should have better things to do than read
~junk mail.
~
~
~I have asked them if they want me to stop sending them, and received
~just an acknowledgement......
~
~generated by a bot?
~
~I passed on Nigerian & French letters and never got any sort of an
~acknowledgement other than the occasional dawn raid.

I'm not surprised, if you sent them French letters!

--
jane

Mark Twain

martin 13-12-2003 07:02 PM

OT email from africa

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 18:38:14 +0000 (UTC),
(jane) wrote:

~I passed on Nigerian & French letters and never got any sort of an
~acknowledgement other than the occasional dawn raid.

I'm not surprised, if you sent them French letters!

Just checking :-)
--
Martin

Jaques d'Alltrades 13-12-2003 07:34 PM

OT email from africa

The message
from "Franz Heymann" contains these words:

I suspect Anita is after something, like my bottle of winter warming
medicinal Stroh Rhum.

Stroh Rhum when there's Laphroig in the house??

Quite.

looks at time

Bah! Too late to come over today and help you enjoy it.

--
Rusty Hinge http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm

Dark thoughts about the Wumpus concerto played with piano,
iron bar and two sledge hammers. (Wumpus, 15/11/03)

Franz Heymann 14-12-2003 12:12 PM

OT email from africa

"martin" wrote in message
On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 16:27:51 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Twitchy finger? :-)

Can't understand it. Kept getting message "unable to deliver", so

reposted
four times in succession, till I got tired of the game. Soon

afterwards
the
whole shebang graunched and I had to reboot.

I blame OED. :-)

OED was not even in the drive. {:-))

exactly :-)

Ahhh! I'll fix that then

Franz

Franz Heymann 14-12-2003 12:13 PM

OT email from africa

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
The message
from "Franz Heymann" contains these

words:

I suspect Anita is after something, like my bottle of winter warming
medicinal Stroh Rhum.

Stroh Rhum when there's Laphroig in the house??

Quite.

looks at time

Bah! Too late to come over today and help you enjoy it.

Only those of my friends who come suitably laden get Laphroig. The rest
get Johnny Walker, with water and ice.

Franz

Jaques d'Alltrades 14-12-2003 02:12 PM

OT email from africa

The message
from "Franz Heymann" contains these words:
"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
The message
from "Franz Heymann" contains these

words:

I suspect Anita is after something, like my bottle of winter warming
medicinal Stroh Rhum.

Stroh Rhum when there's Laphroig in the house??

Quite.

looks at time

Bah! Too late to come over today and help you enjoy it.

Only those of my friends who come suitably laden get Laphroig. The rest
get Johnny Walker, with water and ice.

Looks in goody bag.

rustle-rustle

Mmmmmm.

rustle-rustle

Mmmmmm.

rustle-rustle

Mmmmmm.

rustle-rustle

Mmmmmm.

rustle-rustle

Mmmmmm.

rustle-rustle

Mmmmmm.

rustle-rustle

Mmmmmm.

rustle-rustle

Mmmmmm.

rustle-rustle

Mmmmmm.

rustle-rustle

Mmmmmm.

rustle-rustle

Mmmmmm.

Er, sorry Franz - finished them all. Just couldn't resist them.

David Hill 14-12-2003 09:34 PM

OT email from africa

Back on topic....see.........http://www.ncis.gov.uk/waocu.asp

--