GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Root Control Bags (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/48910-root-control-bags.html)

Roger The Rabbit 20-12-2003 02:18 PM

Root Control Bags

I've been listening to GQT harping on about these for the last few weeks.
Does anyone know where to get them from? A trawl of local garden centres and
the web has turned up nothing.

Sacha 20-12-2003 02:38 PM

Root Control Bags

Roger The Rabbit20/12/03 2:12

I've been listening to GQT harping on about these for the last few weeks.
Does anyone know where to get them from? A trawl of local garden centres and
the web has turned up nothing.

I don't know if this is the same thing but yesterday in Tucker's in
Ashburton, I saw root trainers. Anybody else know?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Roger The Rabbit 20-12-2003 05:15 PM

Root Control Bags

Think those are the seed tray type things, aren't they. Root Control Bags
are for trees - to restrict the growth of roots underground. Apparently,
very fine roots can get through but are pruned by the bag when they get too
large.

"Sacha" wrote in message
.. .
Roger The Rabbit20/12/03 2:12

Sacha 21-12-2003 12:07 AM

Root Control Bags

Roger The Rabbit20/12/03 5:00

Think those are the seed tray type things, aren't they.

Yes.

Root Control Bags
are for trees - to restrict the growth of roots underground. Apparently,
very fine roots can get through but are pruned by the bag when they get too
large.

Haven't encountered those and thank you.

snip
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Andy H 21-12-2003 01:02 AM

Root Control Bags

Try this Link
http://www.kenmuir.co.uk/shopFrame.htm

.. .

Roger The Rabbit 21-12-2003 11:02 AM

Root Control Bags

Think those are the seed tray type things, aren't they.

Sorry that wasn't meant to sound snotty - did a stop instead of a question
mark!

Jim W 23-12-2003 11:32 AM

Root Control Bags

"Andy H" wrote in message
Try this Link
http://www.kenmuir.co.uk/shopFrame.htm

"Roger The Rabbit" wrote in message
.. .
I've been listening to GQT harping on about these for the last few

weeks.
Does anyone know where to get them from? A trawl of local garden centres

and
the web has turned up nothing.

Ken Muir is the only place I know of that does them.. Unless they've
dropped the price though I thought they were rather expensive..

JimW

hill 19-11-2008 10:20 PM

Hi please go to my website www.gardenselect.co.uk where you will find root control bags and root control barrier. look forward to hearing from you. Hill
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger The Rabbit (Post 312658)