GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Fenland allotment advice needed !! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/49234-fenland-allotment-advice-needed.html)

Mick 27-12-2003 06:44 PM

Fenland allotment advice needed !!

Hi there ,
I hope to take over an allotment near Peterborough this February , the soil
is jet black fen soil , are there any do's and do nots . I am 50 / 50
interested in Vegtables / Garden cuttings and seedlings.
Direction to any good allotment" month by month" pages would be appreciated
..

Thanks and Happy new year all
Mike.

Bob Hobden 27-12-2003 10:45 PM

"Mick" wrote in message
I hope to take over an allotment near Peterborough this February , the

soil
is jet black fen soil , are there any do's and do nots . I am 50 / 50
interested in Vegtables / Garden cuttings and seedlings.
Direction to any good allotment" month by month" pages would be

appreciated
.

May I recommend a monthly magazine called "The Kitchen Garden"...
www.kitchengarden.co.uk/
--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars
354 data units completed.

Christopher Norton 06-01-2004 08:03 AM

Fenland allotment advice needed !!

The message
from "Mick" contains these words:

Hi there ,
I hope to take over an allotment near Peterborough this February , the soil
is jet black fen soil , are there any do's and do nots . I am 50 / 50
interested in Vegtables / Garden cuttings and seedlings.
Direction to any good allotment" month by month" pages would be appreciated
.

Thanks and Happy new year all
Mike.

--

Look around the site before you start. Not much use at this time of year
but it will give you an idea of what grows best.

Soil should be pretty good tho.

The magazine reference is very good.