Old 27-12-2003, 06:44 PM
Mick

Default Fenland allotment advice needed !!

Hi there ,
I hope to take over an allotment near Peterborough this February , the soil
is jet black fen soil , are there any do's and do nots . I am 50 / 50
interested in Vegtables / Garden cuttings and seedlings.
Direction to any good allotment" month by month" pages would be appreciated
..

Thanks and Happy new year all
Mike.

Old 27-12-2003, 10:45 PM
Bob Hobden

"Mick" wrote in message
I hope to take over an allotment near Peterborough this February , the

soil
is jet black fen soil , are there any do's and do nots . I am 50 / 50
interested in Vegtables / Garden cuttings and seedlings.
Direction to any good allotment" month by month" pages would be

appreciated
.

May I recommend a monthly magazine called "The Kitchen Garden"...
www.kitchengarden.co.uk/
--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars
354 data units completed.

Old 06-01-2004, 08:03 AM
Christopher Norton

The message
from "Mick" contains these words:

Hi there ,
I hope to take over an allotment near Peterborough this February , the soil
is jet black fen soil , are there any do's and do nots . I am 50 / 50
interested in Vegtables / Garden cuttings and seedlings.
Direction to any good allotment" month by month" pages would be appreciated
.

Thanks and Happy new year all
Mike.

--

Look around the site before you start. Not much use at this time of year
but it will give you an idea of what grows best.

Soil should be pretty good tho.

The magazine reference is very good.