GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   lawn treatment (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/49588-lawn-treatment.html)

green earth 03-01-2004 11:11 AM

lawn treatment

I intend to treat my lawn to get rid of weeds (clover, dandelions etc) and moss
with a treatment I have to water on. Is it best to leave it until they start
growing or can I do it now with maybe another treatment in late March early April?

TIA

martin 03-01-2004 11:11 AM

lawn treatment

On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 10:54:57 GMT, green earth
wrote:

I intend to treat my lawn to get rid of weeds (clover, dandelions etc) and moss
with a treatment I have to water on. Is it best to leave it until they start
growing or can I do it now with maybe another treatment in late March early April?

It's best to read the instructions carefully, that came with the
treatment.
--
Martin

Jane Ransom 03-01-2004 11:32 AM

lawn treatment

In article , green
earth writes
I intend to treat my lawn to get rid of weeds (clover, dandelions etc) and moss
with a treatment I have to water on. Is it best to leave it until they start
growing or can I do it now with maybe another treatment in late March early
April?

Depends where you are.
We are in Lancaster and never do it before mid April.
The grass and weeds must be growing 'strongly'.

--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.

Franz Heymann 03-01-2004 04:36 PM

lawn treatment

"green earth" wrote in message
I intend to treat my lawn to get rid of weeds (clover, dandelions etc) and

moss
with a treatment I have to water on. Is it best to leave it until they

start
growing or can I do it now with maybe another treatment in late March

early April?

The usual lawn herbicides should be applied when the grass and weeds are
growing strongly, so spring would be better.

Franz