GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Apple tree treatment. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/49943-apple-tree-treatment.html)

[email protected] 08-01-2004 08:55 PM

Apple tree treatment.

I have an apple tree that needs some tender loving care and I need
some help from you keen gardeners to direct me in the right direction.

Basically I need some advice how to get rid of insects and worms
getting to the apples before I can make my apple pie. What treament
can I use to get my apple tree insects and worms free.

Thanks

Bob Hobden 08-01-2004 11:34 PM

Apple tree treatment.

Helper wrote in message ...
I have an apple tree that needs some tender loving care and I need
some help from you keen gardeners to direct me in the right direction.

Basically I need some advice how to get rid of insects and worms
getting to the apples before I can make my apple pie. What treament
can I use to get my apple tree insects and worms free.

Take a look at the apple pages on www.gardenaction.co.uk/ the last page
deals with pests and take a special look at Codling Moth.

P.S. If your tree is a Cox's then replace it with something less susceptible
to everything going, Fiesta, Jonagold or Jupiter fit the bill.

--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars
359 data units completed.