Old 10-01-2004, 10:04 PM
Trevor Appleton

Default Roses and Tar Oil Winter Wash

My roses are still in leaf will this harm them?

Old 11-01-2004, 09:02 AM
Robert

: My roses are still in leaf will this harm them?
:
:
:
:
: http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
: -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

Yes it's poisonous to plants as far as I understand and I've never heard of
it being used on roses. It's used on fruit trees when all the leaves are off
so they can't take it in. Do you normally use it on roses? It's something I
never thought of

Robert South West England

Old 11-01-2004, 09:32 AM
Trevor Appleton

I have used Armillatox in Jan on Roses and the reduction in Blackspot the
next season was fantastic - virtually 100% clear, at least until Autumn

Trevor

Old 11-01-2004, 10:34 AM
martin

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 09:01:27 +0000 (UTC), "Robert"
wrote:

: My roses are still in leaf will this harm them?
:
:
:
:
: http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
: -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

Yes it's poisonous to plants as far as I understand and I've never heard of
it being used on roses. It's used on fruit trees when all the leaves are off
so they can't take it in. Do you normally use it on roses? It's something I
never thought of

Years ago, we bought some tar oil, that in fact we never used, after
reading a gardening magazine article recommending it for getting rid
of mold on rose plants.
--
Martin
Old 11-01-2004, 03:32 PM
Franz Heymann

"Trevor Appleton" trevor@nospamweatherdot4dinternetdocodotuk wrote in
message ...
My roses are still in leaf will this harm them?

Why on earth would you want to put Tar Oil on a rose?

Franz

Old 11-01-2004, 04:36 PM
martin

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 15:24:22 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"Trevor Appleton" trevor@nospamweatherdot4dinternetdocodotuk wrote in
message ...
My roses are still in leaf will this harm them?

Why on earth would you want to put Tar Oil on a rose?

to stop mould.
--
Martin

Old 14-01-2004, 07:04 PM
Trevor Appleton

wrote:

"Trevor Appleton" trevor@nospamweatherdot4dinternetdocodotuk wrote in
message ...
My roses are still in leaf will this harm them?

Why on earth would you want to put Tar Oil on a rose?

to stop mould.
--

and blackspot...especially sprayed onto the soil below the roses where the
spores have fallen from infected leaves...

...but will it damage plants still in leaf?

So far have sprayed the bare stems and the soil, will probably wait another
few weeks to see if the leaves fall