GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Conservatory vine (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/50062-conservatory-vine.html)

Ophelia 17-01-2004 09:06 AM

Conservatory vine

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message

O's been goosed.

Have oo? Oo's the lucky one, then?

*strutt*

Ophelia 17-01-2004 09:07 AM

Conservatory vine

"martin" wrote in message

gag! gag! gag!

?

the noise geese make.

Pah :))

martin 17-01-2004 10:37 AM

Conservatory vine

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 00:29:47 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

The message
from martin contains these words:
On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 20:10:15 -0000, "Ophelia"
wrote:

gag! gag! gag!

?

the noise geese make.

When they're gagged?

when they are in a gaggle of geese.
--
Martin

martin 17-01-2004 10:38 AM

Conservatory vine

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 08:53:39 -0000, "Ophelia"
wrote:

"martin" wrote in message
.. .

gag! gag! gag!

?

the noise geese make.

Pah :))

get a grip on yourself woman.

--
Martin

Jaques d'Alltrades 17-01-2004 08:12 PM

Conservatory vine

The message
from "Ophelia" contains these words:

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message

O's been goosed.

Have oo? Oo's the lucky one, then?

*strutt*

*parker*

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

David W.E. Roberts 28-01-2004 11:33 AM

Conservatory vine

"Pete Griffiths" wrote in message
Hi,

We currently have a new conservatory under construction, and have been

given
a vine (no idea what variety!). There are no planting holes in the floor,
but I have heard that a useful alternative is to plant the vine outside
against the wall, and train it through a hole into the conservatory. The
hole would be large enough to accept the girth of the vine when matured,

and
would be packed with foam or a similar material in the meantine. Is this a
sensible approach? (One of my concerns is mice!)

Thanks,

Pete

I have tried growing a vine in a sun room (like a conservatory but with a
solid roof) without much joy.

If the conservatory is for mainly human habitation then it is unlikely the
conditions will suit the vine - too warm, dry and lacking in ventilation.

You also tend to get swamped with plant pests unless you resort to
chemicals.

Greenhouse conditions which suit plants are rarely suitable for yer average
person.

Roots out and plant in removes the problem of constant watering, so should
be better than planting inside.

HTH

Dave R