Old 16-01-2004, 10:35 PM
Franz Heymann

Default Gardening Telegraph weekly email

"Martin Sykes" wrote in message
"Franz Heymann" wrote in message
snip
The fact that nature wakes up earlier and earlier in the year is not

because
spring arrives earlier, but a consquence of overall global warming.

There is a natural progression with a period of 18000 years if I remember
correctly, caused by a wobble in the earths rotation which mean that the
seasons really are slowly shifting.

But the equinox has been on 21-22 March since before I was born, and I have
witnessed the growth of the warming in my lifetime.

Franz

Old 14-02-2004, 11:44 PM
Alan Holmes

" Emrys Davies" wrote in message
This weeks email from the Gardening Telegraph is particularly
interesting as it deals at length with climatic change. I have copied
part of their email below to give a flavour of their weekly
contribution.

The Telegraph prints misleading information.

They always print the times of sunrise and sunset, and the
lighting up times are, according to the Telegraph, the same,
but those of us who can think know that there is half an hour
difference between those times.

Alan

Old 16-02-2004, 09:38 AM
Neil Jones

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

The Telegraph prints misleading information.

They always print the times of sunrise and sunset, and the
lighting up times are, according to the Telegraph, the same,
but those of us who can think know that there is half an hour
difference between those times.

Alan

Well, Alan, I can think, and yet I know that the Road Vehicles Lighting
Regulations 1989 require you to light up your car between sunset and
sunrise, so The Telegraph is correct in this respect.

Neil