GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Garden Storage (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/50788-garden-storage.html)

Andrew May 22-01-2004 01:09 PM

Garden Storage

I need to clear a bit of space in my garage so was thinking about
moving gardening tools and the like out into a shed of some
description around the back. Don?t want anything big, really just
storage space and probably located on the rear wall of the garage. Can
anyone recommend something suitable that is sufficiently secure to
keep expensive garden equipment in? I guess something metal would be
best.

Many thanks,

Andrew

Martin Sykes 22-01-2004 01:42 PM

Garden Storage

"Andrew May" wrote in message
om...
I need to clear a bit of space in my garage so was thinking about
moving gardening tools and the like out into a shed of some
description around the back. Don?t want anything big, really just
storage space and probably located on the rear wall of the garage. Can
anyone recommend something suitable that is sufficiently secure to
keep expensive garden equipment in? I guess something metal would be
best.

Many thanks,

Andrew

Try asking your insurance company what they would recommend as a minimum.
Then at least if stuff does get stolen, you're insured for it.

--
Martin & Anna Sykes
( Remove x's when replying )

Mike 22-01-2004 02:14 PM

Garden Storage

--
"Andrew May" wrote in message
om...
I need to clear a bit of space in my garage so was thinking about
moving gardening tools and the like out into a shed of some
description around the back. Don?t want anything big, really just
storage space and probably located on the rear wall of the garage. Can
anyone recommend something suitable that is sufficiently secure to
keep expensive garden equipment in? I guess something metal would be
best.

Many thanks,

Andrew

I was in http://www.plasticsbypost.net/index.htm showroom the other day and
they had what I would describe as a 'Look in shed'. You didn't go into this
box thing, you opened the door and everything was there, but I cannot find
it on their web site. Give them a call and let them describe it for you.
Sounds as if this is what you want. About 1 metre front to back, 1.5 high
and 1.5 long. I do say 'about' :-))

Mike

Neil 22-01-2004 07:58 PM

Garden Storage

"Andrew May" wrote in message
om...
I need to clear a bit of space in my garage so was thinking about
moving gardening tools and the like out into a shed of some
description around the back. Don?t want anything big, really just
storage space and probably located on the rear wall of the garage. Can
anyone recommend something suitable that is sufficiently secure to
keep expensive garden equipment in? I guess something metal would be
best.

Many thanks,

Andrew

Try http://www.gardenbuildings.com/directory/Great_Britain/ for a list of
suppliers etc. My company does bespoke units.

Neil Faulkner
www.conceptgardens.com

Jaques d'Alltrades 22-01-2004 09:57 PM

Garden Storage

The message
from (Andrew May) contains these words:

I need to clear a bit of space in my garage so was thinking about
moving gardening tools and the like out into a shed of some
description around the back. Don?t want anything big, really just
storage space and probably located on the rear wall of the garage. Can
anyone recommend something suitable that is sufficiently secure to
keep expensive garden equipment in? I guess something metal would be
best.

The only thing I can suggest which is remotely secure is a small
road/rail container.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Rod 22-01-2004 10:17 PM

Garden Storage

Andrew May wrote:

I need to clear a bit of space in my garage so was thinking about
moving gardening tools and the like out into a shed of some
description around the back. Don?t want anything big, really just
storage space and probably located on the rear wall of the garage. Can
anyone recommend something suitable that is sufficiently secure to
keep expensive garden equipment in? I guess something metal would be
best.

Many thanks,

Andrew

A few firms like Clarke's tools - possibly Screwfix as well do big lockable
metal boxes that are meant to be bolted down in the back of a truck. Probably
worth a look.
--
Rod
http://website.lineone.net/%7Erodcraddock/index.html

JennyC 22-01-2004 11:17 PM

Garden Storage

"Andrew May" wrote in message
om...
I need to clear a bit of space in my garage so was thinking about
moving gardening tools and the like out into a shed of some
description around the back. Don?t want anything big, really just
storage space and probably located on the rear wall of the garage. Can
anyone recommend something suitable that is sufficiently secure to
keep expensive garden equipment in? I guess something metal would be
best.

Many thanks,
Andrew

Metal might have trouble with condensation ?
Jenny