Old 10-02-2004, 11:43 PM
Troy

Default Hedge height

OK - steps are being taken to limit the height of hedges and rightly so.
What about the following situation?

Towards the end of my lane there are a couple of big (massive) detached
houses which back onto fields. They have tall (20ft) very well maintained
leylandii hedges between them and the fields - no problem at the moment.
But .. new houses are now being built on the fields (awful). Can they be
forced to reduce the height of their hedges even though they were there
before the new houses and even though anyone buying one of the new houses
will be aware of the hedges before buying?

Just wondered - doesn't affect me personally.
--
Regards,

Tròy the Black Lab.
Old 10-02-2004, 11:43 PM
Mike

Can they be
forced to reduce the height of their hedges even though they were there
before the new houses and even though anyone buying one of the new houses
will be aware of the hedges before buying?

Knowing what I 'did' know about building houses on land with other stuff,
things, houses, factories, around them......... no.

I feel it is on a similar vein as the people who moved to the country for a
bit of 'piece and quiet' then complained about the Cock crowing.

Mike

Old 10-02-2004, 11:43 PM
Martin Sykes

"Troy" wrote in message
OK - steps are being taken to limit the height of hedges and rightly so.
What about the following situation?

Towards the end of my lane there are a couple of big (massive) detached
houses which back onto fields. They have tall (20ft) very well maintained
leylandii hedges between them and the fields - no problem at the moment.
But .. new houses are now being built on the fields (awful). Can they be
forced to reduce the height of their hedges even though they were there
before the new houses and even though anyone buying one of the new houses
will be aware of the hedges before buying?

I don't know, but I would imagine their hedges are at risk. The same as
people living in new houses built by airports seem to have the right to
complain about the noise...

--
Martin & Anna Sykes
( Remove x's when replying )

Old 10-02-2004, 11:43 PM
Martin Sykes

"Troy" wrote in message
[...]

Can I trim a beech hedge with a petrol hedge cutter? smileygonzo1961 United Kingdom 22 27-09-2008 11:50 PM
Hedge height Troy United Kingdom 2 10-02-2004 11:44 PM
Hedge height Troy United Kingdom 0 10-02-2004 11:43 PM
Hedge height Troy United Kingdom 0 10-02-2004 11:42 PM
what height to set snowblower skids at? Tim Lawns 4 05-02-2003 09:55 AM