GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   How Many Sweet Peas? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/52899-how-many-sweet-peas.html)

Jan 18-02-2004 12:05 PM

How Many Sweet Peas?

Approximately how many sweet peas should be planted at the base of a willow
obelisk? The obelisk is 1.5 metres tall and is just the standard type that
you get from B&Q, etc.

Thanks.

Sacha 18-02-2004 12:07 PM

How Many Sweet Peas?

Jan18/2/04 11:16

Approximately how many sweet peas should be planted at the base of a willow
obelisk? The obelisk is 1.5 metres tall and is just the standard type that
you get from B&Q, etc.

Thanks.

We put three plants at the base of each 'leg' and it makes a fabulous
display.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Jan 18-02-2004 12:08 PM

How Many Sweet Peas?

"Sacha" wrote in message
Approximately how many sweet peas should be planted at the base of a

willow
obelisk? The obelisk is 1.5 metres tall and is just the standard type

that
you get from B&Q, etc.

We put three plants at the base of each 'leg' and it makes a fabulous
display.

Blimey, 12 plants per obelisk. I'd best run out to the greenhouse now and
get sowing more! I just bought 3 obelisks (they were on sale), and I have
aleady sowed (or should that be "sown"?) 40 seeds but I want some to grow up
the fence too.

Regards.

Sacha 18-02-2004 12:15 PM

How Many Sweet Peas?

Jan18/2/04 11:46
"Sacha" wrote in message
Approximately how many sweet peas should be planted at the base of a

willow
obelisk? The obelisk is 1.5 metres tall and is just the standard type

that
you get from B&Q, etc.

We put three plants at the base of each 'leg' and it makes a fabulous
display.

Blimey, 12 plants per obelisk. I'd best run out to the greenhouse now and
get sowing more! I just bought 3 obelisks (they were on sale), and I have
aleady sowed (or should that be "sown"?) 40 seeds but I want some to grow up
the fence too.

You could probably get away with less but that really does look wonderful.
And seeds aren't that expensive. ;-) I often look at seed packets and
think of the terrific value and beauty sealed up in a little envelope!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Sacha 18-02-2004 12:16 PM

How Many Sweet Peas?

Sacha18/2/04 12:13
co.uk

Jan18/2/04 11:46

"Sacha" wrote in message
Approximately how many sweet peas should be planted at the base of a

willow
obelisk? The obelisk is 1.5 metres tall and is just the standard type

that
you get from B&Q, etc.

We put three plants at the base of each 'leg' and it makes a fabulous
display.

Blimey, 12 plants per obelisk. I'd best run out to the greenhouse now and
get sowing more! I just bought 3 obelisks (they were on sale), and I have
aleady sowed (or should that be "sown"?) 40 seeds but I want some to grow up
the fence too.

You could probably get away with less but that really does look wonderful.
And seeds aren't that expensive. ;-) I often look at seed packets and
think of the terrific value and beauty sealed up in a little envelope!

Whoops! Meant to say ours are 3 legged cone shapes, so you might get away
with less plants - I'm not sure.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk