GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Custom made shed required (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/53589-custom-made-shed-required.html)

David Hill 10-03-2004 04:21 AM

Custom made shed required

I wouldn't touch a 10 x 4 shed, sounds more like a tunnel, You would be
better off with something like an 8 x 6

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

BonzaiMaster 10-03-2004 11:21 PM

Custom made shed required

I wouldn't touch a 10 x 4 shed, sounds more like a tunnel, You would be
better off with something like an 8 x 6

Why would you recommend not touching it? Is there something about getting
this particular dimension that makes it unstable (or something else). After
all, I just want to use it as a storage area for a oddly shaped part of the
garden (I'm also going to partition in the middle and have two doors).

Neil Jones 10-03-2004 11:29 PM

Custom made shed required

"BonzaiMaster" wrote in message
I wouldn't touch a 10 x 4 shed, sounds more like a tunnel, You would

be
better off with something like an 8 x 6

Why would you recommend not touching it? Is there something about

getting
this particular dimension that makes it unstable (or something else).

After
all, I just want to use it as a storage area for a oddly shaped part

of the
garden (I'm also going to partition in the middle and have two doors).

I don't know how 'handy' you are but have you considered building it
yourself?

BonzaiMaster 10-03-2004 11:31 PM

Custom made shed required

I don't know how 'handy' you are but have you considered building it
yourself?

I'm less than useless at this type of DIY I'm afraid. As you may have
guessed, I don't have a great deal of knowledge on the different type of
sheds either. That's why I am try to get as much advice as possible from
here.

Binesh

Neil Jones 10-03-2004 11:32 PM

Custom made shed required

"BonzaiMaster" wrote in message

I don't know how 'handy' you are but have you considered building it
yourself?

I'm less than useless at this type of DIY I'm afraid. As you may have
guessed, I don't have a great deal of knowledge on the different type

of
sheds either. That's why I am try to get as much advice as possible

from
here.

Binesh

That's a shame - it seemed an ideal opportunity to get some new
toys^H^Hols and have a go :-)

I've emailed a couple of shed companies with the dimensions to see what
they come up with but I haven't head anything back yet - I'll let you
know if I do.

Regards

Neil

Jaques d'Alltrades 10-03-2004 11:39 PM

Custom made shed required

The message
from "David Hill" contains these
words:

I wouldn't touch a 10 x 4 shed, sounds more like a tunnel, You would be
better off with something like an 8 x 6

Please keep up at the back there!

It's to fit in a space between house and boundary.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/