Old 26-02-2004, 08:17 PM
David W.E. Roberts

Default This CFV thang..

I have been watching 'uk.net.news.config' for the CFV but it only arrived
very recently, along with another 3,000 posts.

There is now a long thread in 'uk.rec.gardening' in response, but none shown
in 'uk.net.news.config'.

I replied to the CFV - which should have cross posted the reply to the 3 NG
in the original posting - but this reply seems to have disappeared.

So is there some strange thing about replying to CFVs, or is Usenet banjaxed
at the moment?

Cheers

Dave R

P.S. I have managed to vote - awaiting confirmation

Old 26-02-2004, 08:17 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "David W.E. Roberts" contains these words:
I have been watching 'uk.net.news.config' for the CFV but it only arrived
very recently, along with another 3,000 posts.

There is now a long thread in 'uk.rec.gardening' in response, but none shown
in 'uk.net.news.config'.

I replied to the CFV - which should have cross posted the reply to the 3 NG
in the original posting - but this reply seems to have disappeared.

No, it won't be posted. The reply should be mailed to you automatically.
I hope you used a valid address to reply?

You then snip the bits where instructed, fill in the voting slip, and
e-mail it back to the vote-taker.

So is there some strange thing about replying to CFVs, or is Usenet banjaxed
at the moment?

No. True, one of the replies to my mail did fall in a hole somewhere,
but a replacement was sent as soon as I e-mailed Pedt. You'll find his
official address on the CFV.

HTH

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Old 26-02-2004, 08:18 PM
David W.E. Roberts

Jaques, mon cher ami...

Total misunderstanding.

I posted a reply to the NG - in fact the reply should have been cross posted
to the three NGs listed in the original post.

These were shown in the BG response I posted.

However the posted response has not appeared in uk.rec.gardening nor in
uk.net.news.config.

As I stated in the OP, I have voted. (Just got the confirmation back).

I was puzzled over the failure of my post to appear.

snip

Old 26-02-2004, 08:18 PM
David W.E. Roberts

"David W.E. Roberts" wrote in message
I have been watching 'uk.net.news.config' for the CFV but it only arrived
very recently, along with another 3,000 posts.

There is now a long thread in 'uk.rec.gardening' in response, but none

shown
in 'uk.net.news.config'.

I replied to the CFV - which should have cross posted the reply to the 3

NG
in the original posting - but this reply seems to have disappeared.

snip

Part of the headers:

"From: Pedt Scragg
Newsgroups: uk.net.news.announce,uk.net.news.config,uk.rec.gar dening
Subject: 1st CFV : Create unmoderated newsgroup uk.rec.gardening.allotments
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 18:05:54 +0000
Expires: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 23:59:59 +0000

Does the line "Followup-To: poster" do strange things?

My post in reply seems destined for the NGs - but then I am using OE which
may do non-standard things :-(

TIA

Dave R