GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hops? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/54243-hops.html)

Andy Hunt 02-03-2004 04:14 AM

Hops?

A friend of mine suggested having a go at making some organic beer, from
scratch. I hope he knows what he's doing.

Anyway, presumably we would need to grow some hops. Would anyone here know
about this, or what quantity of hops we'd need to make a decent quantity of
beer? Could I grow hops in tubs?

Thanks all, in anticipation!

Andrew

Stephen Howard 02-03-2004 04:14 AM

Hops?

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 21:13:18 -0000, "Andy Hunt"
wrote:

A friend of mine suggested having a go at making some organic beer, from
scratch. I hope he knows what he's doing.

Anyway, presumably we would need to grow some hops. Would anyone here know
about this, or what quantity of hops we'd need to make a decent quantity of
beer? Could I grow hops in tubs?

I don't see why not - the bigger problem would be where to put what
grows out of the pot!
My two year old Golden Hop practically covered one side of the house
before I upped it and moved it somewhere where it could ramble more
conveniently.

Regards,

http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk