Old 02-03-2004, 04:15 AM
Peter Hemmings

Default Cuttings of Nemisia and Diascia

Hi,

I seem to have overwintered some "Confetti" Nemisia and "Pink Lady"
Diascia!
They both have long stem growth and I thought I would try to increase
these useful plants.
What is the best way to do it (in a greehouse heated bench)?

Thanks

Old 02-03-2004, 04:15 AM
Chris Boulby

In message ain, Peter
Hemmings writes
Hi,

I seem to have overwintered some "Confetti" Nemisia and "Pink Lady"
Diascia!
They both have long stem growth and I thought I would try to increase
these useful plants.
What is the best way to do it (in a greehouse heated bench)?

Thanks

This is too easy. Both will root in almost any compound, and even
water, in about 3 weeks at this time of year. By April they root in
less than that.

I use a mix of equal parts silver sand and vermiculite, kept moist. Let
me know if you have any difficulties.
--
Chris Boulby National Collection of Diascias
Old 02-03-2004, 04:15 AM
Chris Boulby

Meant to say Peter, I don't have D. ' Pink Lady' and would be interested
in swapping material with you if you are so inclined. Can't figure out
your email to send it privately. Mine is above. Just remove nospam.

Cheers

Christine