Old 14-03-2004, 09:56 AM
Chris Stewart

Default Old stoves - for the potting shed.

Hi,
Has anyone got an idea where (in the UK) I would be able to buy a stove -
very small, old fashioned sort - the kind you would find in a potting shed -
more for fiddling with while "busy" than for any sensible reason. I think
the venerable Alan T had one such in his potting / writing shed. I don't
want a forest devourer, just a wee stove to burn kindlers, or twigs.

Chris S

Old 14-03-2004, 10:37 AM
David Hill

Is this what you are looking for?
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/ranges.asp?g=118&r=2139

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 14-03-2004, 12:21 PM
Chris Stewart

"David Hill" wrote in message
Is this what you are looking for?
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/ranges.asp?g=118&r=2139

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries
www.abacus-nurseries.co.uk

In a word, yes. Thanks David. If you googled to get that lot, what words did
you search for - I never managed anything this sensible?

Thanks again
Chris S

Old 14-03-2004, 12:23 PM
David Hill

Try wood burning stoves , and look at the sponsored links as well.
But I happened to know machine mart sell them.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 14-03-2004, 12:23 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Chris Stewart" contains these words:

Has anyone got an idea where (in the UK) I would be able to buy a stove -
very small, old fashioned sort - the kind you would find in a potting shed -
more for fiddling with while "busy" than for any sensible reason. I think
the venerable Alan T had one such in his potting / writing shed. I don't
want a forest devourer, just a wee stove to burn kindlers, or twigs.

BR and successors used to take them (Tortoise Stoves, or similar) out of
scrap guards' vans and sell them. They weren't cheap though.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 14-03-2004, 12:24 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Chris Stewart" contains these words:

Has anyone got an idea where (in the UK) I would be able to buy a stove -
very small, old fashioned sort - the kind you would find in a potting shed -
more for fiddling with while "busy" than for any sensible reason. I think
the venerable Alan T had one such in his potting / writing shed. I don't
want a forest devourer, just a wee stove to burn kindlers, or twigs.

BR and successors used to take them (Tortoise Stoves, or similar) out of
scrap guards' vans and sell them. They weren't cheap though.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Garden Door in Door County Wisconsin Garden Door 08 All kinds of flowers, Viking potting shed in distance.JPG (1/1) Just Plane Noise Garden Photos 0 31-07-2009 11:01 PM
New Scouser seeks advice on 'Potting shed' Sadie United Kingdom 29 14-11-2004 10:34 AM
Old stoves - for the potting shed. Chris Stewart United Kingdom 0 14-03-2004 09:13 AM
Old stoves - for the potting shed. Chris Stewart United Kingdom 0 14-03-2004 08:58 AM
Old stoves - for the potting shed. Chris Stewart United Kingdom 0 14-03-2004 04:57 AM