Old 14-03-2004, 11:38 PM
kenty ;-\)

Default electric heating in greenhouse cheapest to run?

Hi all,What have you found the cheapest method of electric heating for the
greenhouse tube heaters,fan heaters etc.

--
Thanks Keith,UK.

Old 14-03-2004, 11:38 PM
SH

Don't know about cheapest but the most efficient is a fan heater plus if you
have a good one you can use the fan only to help cool the greenhouse in the
summer.
Don't rely on the internal thermostat - my experience is that they can vary
by up to 10 degrees which is harmful to the plants & uneconomical.
I have found that by using a digital plug in stat that the temp range can be
reduced quite dramatically giving a variation of only 1 degree.

Steve
s.com...