GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pruning standard rose (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/55756-pruning-standard-rose.html)

Derek Turner 16-03-2004 10:10 AM

Pruning standard rose

Last back-end we bought (on impulse) a 'Blue Moon' standard rose. This
is the first standard we've ever had. OK pruning time, how do I go
about it please?

tia
Derek

Robert 17-03-2004 04:41 AM

Pruning standard rose

: Last back-end we bought (on impulse) a 'Blue Moon' standard rose. This
: is the first standard we've ever had. OK pruning time, how do I go
: about it please?
:
: tia
: Derek

I take mine back to about the third bud from the main stem, pointing
outwards. Sometimes further out if the branch looks strong enough

Derek Turner 17-03-2004 08:59 AM

Pruning standard rose

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 18:03:30 +0000 (UTC), "Robert"
wrote:

I take mine back to about the third bud from the main stem, pointing
outwards. Sometimes further out if the branch looks strong enough

thanks for that Robert, now where did I leave my Felcos? (rhetorical!)

Robert 18-03-2004 01:21 PM

Pruning standard rose

: wrote:
:
:: I take mine back to about the third bud from the main stem, pointing
:: outwards. Sometimes further out if the branch looks strong enough
::
: thanks for that Robert, now where did I leave my Felcos? (rhetorical!)

Oh by the way I mean the third bud out or the nearest that is pointing
outward, not the sixth using alternate counting! (if you know what I mean)