GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Squirrels (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/55829-squirrels.html)

Scooter 17-03-2004 04:42 AM

Squirrels

Last year plagues of squirrels invaded my garden & ruined all my beautiful
sunflowers,is there some sort of poison I can put down without hurting the
birds?

Mary Fisher 17-03-2004 04:42 AM

Squirrels

"Scooter" Scooter @ Hooter wrote in message
Last year plagues of squirrels invaded my garden & ruined all my beautiful
sunflowers,is there some sort of poison I can put down without hurting the
birds?

Build a cage round your sunflowers.

Mary

John Pearson 17-03-2004 04:42 AM

Squirrels

In message , Mary
Fisher writes

"Scooter" Scooter @ Hooter wrote in message
Last year plagues of squirrels invaded my garden & ruined all my beautiful
sunflowers,is there some sort of poison I can put down without hurting the
birds?

Build a cage round your sunflowers.

Mary

Buy a cage to catch the squirrels
John
--
John Pearson

Mary Fisher 17-03-2004 04:42 AM

Squirrels

"John Pearson" wrote in message
In message , Mary
Fisher writes

"Scooter" Scooter @ Hooter wrote in message
Last year plagues of squirrels invaded my garden & ruined all my

beautiful
sunflowers,is there some sort of poison I can put down without hurting

the
birds?

Build a cage round your sunflowers.

Mary

Buy a cage to catch the squirrels

If there are plagues (plural) he'll need an awful lot of cages. Easier just
to have one ...

Mary
John
--
John Pearson

Jim 17-03-2004 04:43 AM

Squirrels

As an old fart raised in the country (not this one) the do make a nice meal
if they aren't feeding on evergreens.

Jim 17-03-2004 04:43 AM

Squirrels

Mary Fisher 17-03-2004 04:43 AM

Squirrels

"Jim" (remove $ ) wrote in message
As an old fart raised in the country (not this one) the do make a nice

meal
if they aren't feeding on evergreens.

They are extremely tasty - but skinning them is a nightmare. Even when
they're dead.

Mary

Scooter 17-03-2004 04:43 AM

Squirrels

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
et...

"John Pearson" wrote in message
In message , Mary
Fisher writes

"Scooter" Scooter @ Hooter wrote in message
Last year plagues of squirrels invaded my garden & ruined all my

beautiful
sunflowers,is there some sort of poison I can put down without

hurting
the
birds?

Build a cage round your sunflowers.

Mary

Buy a cage to catch the squirrels

If there are plagues (plural) he'll need an awful lot of cages. Easier

just
to have one ...

Mary
John
--
John Pearson

-------------------------------------
Where do I purchase such a cage?I did not state my gender.

Peter Crosland 17-03-2004 04:43 AM

Squirrels

-------------------------------------
Where do I purchase such a cage?I did not state my gender.

http://www.trapman.co.uk/squirrel-traps.htm

They also do cat traps!

Google is your friend!

Mary Fisher 17-03-2004 04:43 AM

Squirrels

[...]

You make one.

Or get a man to make one for you. That's what I do to keep plagues of hens
off my vegetables.

If you don't want to state your 'gender' we have to make a guess. Man
embraces woman.

Mary