GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Council closing allotments (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/55865-council-closing-allotments.html)

Christopher Norton 18-03-2004 01:26 PM

Council closing allotments

The message
from The Reid contains these words:

I just heard my council as decided to close down most of its
allotments, including mine. Any comments on opposing this
welcome.

I`ve read an awful lot of stuff on the legal`s regarding allotments and
it`s not easy to close them down with no alternative available.

It could be they just do not want the hassle of running it anymore.
Possible suggestion is to go self managed.

martin 18-03-2004 01:26 PM

Council closing allotments

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 17:29:08 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

The message
from The Reid contains these words:

Now what rumour can *I* start? :-)

Complex for the treatment of sexual offenders? Holding area for failed
assylum-seekers? Power station burning poultry waste? I was going to
suggest that the council had been offered large sums of money by a
naturist organisation, but I have a feeling that might only line the
pockets of optical instrument makers.

Area contaminated with anthrax as a result of a hushed up terrorist
attack?
--

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit;
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad

Tom Bennett 18-03-2004 11:16 PM

Council closing allotments

"The Reid" wrote

Now what rumour can *I* start? :-)

The disposal of radioactive waste from OUTSIDE the Borough is usually
quite a good one, as it gets the NIMBYs going too.

Followed closely by the burial of asbestos.

- Tom.

martin 18-03-2004 11:17 PM

Council closing allotments

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 16:15:05 -0000, "Tom Bennett"
wrote:

"The Reid" wrote

Now what rumour can *I* start? :-)

The disposal of radioactive waste from OUTSIDE the Borough is usually
quite a good one, as it gets the NIMBYs going too.

Followed closely by the burial of asbestos

and victims of serial killers.