GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   When is it going to warm up? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/58381-when-going-warm-up.html)

Bob H 07-04-2004 06:34 PM

When is it going to warm up?

Well after the weather has taken 2 steps backwards since April kicked in,
and the temperatures are only about 8/11 C this week with plenty of showers,
I just wondered if anyone knows if and when it will warm up any.

Just for the record, the temperaturs are about 8/10 C down on last April,
but I know that was exceptional
Thanks

--
Bob H
Leeds UK

Sacha 07-04-2004 07:03 PM

When is it going to warm up?

Bob H7/4/04 6:10

Well after the weather has taken 2 steps backwards since April kicked in,
and the temperatures are only about 8/11 C this week with plenty of showers,
I just wondered if anyone knows if and when it will warm up any.

Just for the record, the temperaturs are about 8/10 C down on last April,
but I know that was exceptional
Thanks

Someone told me today that there's a High coming in - I think he meant the
weather. ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Mark Allison 07-04-2004 08:03 PM

When is it going to warm up?

Sacha wrote:

Someone told me today that there's a High coming in - I think he meant the
weather. ;-)

Last I heard, the "high" was moving south adjacent to UK, therefore
bypassing us and just bringing a load of showers in from Greenland.
However, this was from a weather forecaster, so you can safely ignore
that advice.

--
Mark Allison, SQL Server MVP
http://www.markallison.co.uk

Kate Morgan 07-04-2004 10:06 PM

When is it going to warm up?

I think it is all my fault, I took the bubble wrap in my greenhouse down
too early :-(

kate

Sacha 07-04-2004 11:05 PM

When is it going to warm up?

Mark Allison7/4/04 7:53

Sacha wrote:

Someone told me today that there's a High coming in - I think he meant the
weather. ;-)

Last I heard, the "high" was moving south adjacent to UK, therefore
bypassing us and just bringing a load of showers in from Greenland.
However, this was from a weather forecaster, so you can safely ignore
that advice.

Oh surely not. Now that the Met has moved to Exeter we expected to the
millimetre accuracy. ;-))
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Heather 08-04-2004 09:33 AM

When is it going to warm up?

Kate Morgan wrote in message t...
I think it is all my fault, I took the bubble wrap in my greenhouse down
too early :-(

kate

Thanks goodness Kate. There was me thinking it was my fault because I
uttered the fatal words "I hope to do some gardening over Easter".

It's been worying me all week. I'm SO glad to hear it wasn't me at
all.

Heather

Jim W 08-04-2004 10:33 AM

When is it going to warm up?

Bob H wrote:

Well after the weather has taken 2 steps backwards since April kicked in,
and the temperatures are only about 8/11 C this week with plenty of showers,
I just wondered if anyone knows if and when it will warm up any.

Just for the record, the temperaturs are about 8/10 C down on last April,
but I know that was exceptional
Thanks

Rumours are that its gonna be gloomy (generally) till July.. Hope
they're wrong though.

Jim

Inge Jones 08-04-2004 11:03 AM

When is it going to warm up?

In article 1gbw1zg.15mrk931j8cnbbN%
,
says...

Rumours are that its gonna be gloomy (generally) till July.. Hope
they're wrong though.

Jim

The sun's just come out here for a few seconds...

David W.E. Roberts 08-04-2004 04:41 PM

When is it going to warm up?

"Inge Jones" wrote in message
. ..
In article 1gbw1zg.15mrk931j8cnbbN%
,
says...

Rumours are that its gonna be gloomy (generally) till July.. Hope
they're wrong though.

Jim

The sun's just come out here for a few seconds...

Nasty bouncy hard white rain things happening here - what is this strange
'sun' object of which you speak?