GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Compost by the ton (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/58391-compost-ton.html)

Mark Allison 07-04-2004 08:04 PM

Compost by the ton

Is it possible to buy compost in ton bags? I am making seven 12x5ft
raised beds and need a couple of tons of compost. My own garden compost
is probably only a quarter of a ton.

I live in Bedfordshire.

--
Mark Allison, SQL Server MVP
http://www.markallison.co.uk

DJ 08-04-2004 07:04 AM

Compost by the ton

there's a place in central London that produces it by the ton, I think its
called the House of Parliament............it's quality Bull S H 1 T

dj

Sue da Nimm 08-04-2004 08:32 AM

Compost by the ton

Our council will put it in 1 tonne builders bags if you supply them, or
deliver up to six tonnes loose.
check with your local office.

Mark Allison 08-04-2004 01:10 PM

Compost by the ton

Sue da Nimm wrote:
Our council will put it in 1 tonne builders bags if you supply them, or
deliver up to six tonnes loose.
check with your local office.

Tried that, they don't have a scheme. Any other ideas?

--
Mark Allison, SQL Server MVP
http://www.markallison.co.uk

Dave 10-04-2004 07:33 PM

Compost by the ton

Sue da Nimm wrote:
Our council will put it in 1 tonne builders bags if you supply them, or
deliver up to six tonnes loose.
check with your local office.

Mark Allison writes

Tried that, they don't have a scheme. Any other ideas?

What about Hertfordshire CC, I'm pretty sure they have, and if you take
a lot then they may be very happy to supply it....
--
David

Mark Allison 10-04-2004 10:36 PM

Compost by the ton

Dave wrote:

What about Hertfordshire CC, I'm pretty sure they have, and if you take
a lot then they may be very happy to supply it....

Thanks Dave, I'll try them. Do you think they will deliver to
Bedfordshire? I don't have a trailer or a 4x4 to take a few tons.

--
Mark Allison, SQL Server MVP
http://www.markallison.co.uk